website statistics

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Anyone know how i can watch the full replay od Sweden - South Africa?

At Sportscult torrents (I don't how's in Italy about downloading from torrent so sorry if this won't work for you) you have the full match upladed there. I hope this will help you. Other wise try youtube

3 horas atrás, Sports Lover disse:

Today I'll watch :POR VS :ARG. Too bad it's U23s I would rather watch the senior squad but I still have a feeling it would be a great match

Not sure about that.... Portuguese team at least is made 80% of players that never had a spot in a national team (the portuguese teams didn't let the good young players play the Olympics...)

Still, it's the first time Portugal is in an Olympic tournament since 2004, so I hope they can at least perform a decent match :):fingers:

11 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Not sure about that.... Portuguese team at least is made 80% of players that never had a spot in a national team (the portuguese teams didn't let the good young players play the Olympics...)

Still, it's the first time Portugal is in an Olympic tournament since 2004, so I hope they can at least perform a decent match :):fingers:

Can you tell me the reason, if you know it, why Ronaldo is not playing at the olympics, since the rule that, I think bu not sure, 1 member of senior squad can play

For Ronaldo is easy:

- besides the fact the team would never allow him to play (he has competitions where he needs to play in Real Madrid);

-  besides the fact he just played for a month in Euro 2016 until the final;

-  and besides the fact he is injured;

our coach would never even call him. Why? Because (and I agree with this policy) our national olympic coach built a team (a young team) since 2/3 years ago, with which he intended to play the Euro U-21 (he ended 2nd) and to play the Olympics.

It was a good idea, as we had a great team, but when the time for calling the players for Rio, some players were unavailable due to their participation in Euro 2016, and the rest of them were just forbidden to join the olympics by their own clubs.:thumbdown:

It was such a riddiculous thing that by the time our coach was announcing the players for Rio, he received a SMS from a team denying one of his players.... :wall:

i don't know how Nigeria and Cameroon didn't qualify to women's football ,they'd have been much better representatives than SA and Zimbabwe especially the last one , although SA did a brave fight against Sweden and their goalkeeper just gifted them a goal , they're much lacking the way to create a real chance to score , despite having some pretty individual skills 

Edited by thepharoah

8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i don't know how Nigeria and Cameroon didn't qualify to women's football ,they'd have been much better representatives than SA and Zimbabwe especially the last one , although SA did a brave fight against Sweden and their goalkeeper just gifted them a goal , they're much lacking the way to create a real chance to score , despite having some pretty individual skills 

Zimbabwe qualified over Cameroon due to the away goal rule. Nigeria didn't even reach the final round, losing to Equatorial Guinea after extra time. Equatorial Guinea also has a decent team (better than South Africa, who you said isn't that bad) and it would have been great to see them here.

I wonder if FIFA will decrease the spot for Africa next games, giving them 1.5 spots and having them play an intercontinental match against the second place team from Asia (they will only have one spot since Japan will be hosts)

With all due respect, I think I have never heard a team singing their national anthem so bad as the Iraqi's just now :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!