website statistics

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Well, Olympics was created for the best athletes. I think that we need a radical change and FIFA must decide if they want stay in the Olympics whit the senior team or leave football from Olympic Games. 

but from the other hand if senior team players allowed then Olympic tournament might become antagonized to world cup and this FIFA want to avoid. And personally i agree

And we have a team:

GK: Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad/ESP), Axel Werner (Atlético Rafaela/ARG)

DF: Jose Luis Gomez (Lanus/ARG), Lautaro Gianetti (Velez/ARG), Leandro Vega (River/ARG), Lisandro Magallan (Boca Juniors/ARG), Alexis Soto (Banfield/ARG), Victor Cuesta (Independiente/ARG)

MF: Manuel Lanzini (West Ham/ENG), Lucas Romero (Cruzeiro/BRA), Santiago Ascacibar (Estudiantes/ARG), Mauricio Martínez (Rosario Central/ARG), Giovani Lo Celso (Rosario Central/ARG), Joaquin Correa (Sampdoria/ITA)

FW: Angel Correa (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Luciano Vietto (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Giovanni Simeone (River Plate/ARG), Cristian Espinoza (Huracán/ARG)

Pathetic team :lol: it has only 2 overage players (Rulli and Cuesta) because we couldn't even call a third. For instance we'll be missing our best three (!) U23 centre forwards no Dybala, Icardi or Calleri.

Combined with a shitty coach (he coached our women's team last years with disastrous results :d) this will result in a quick first round exit.

5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

And we have a team:

DF: Jose Luis Gomez (Lanus/ARG), Lautaro Gianetti (Velez/ARG), Leandro Vega (River/ARG), Lisandro Magallan (Boca Juniors/ARG), Alexis Soto (Banfield/ARG), Victor Cuesta (Independiente/ARG)

MF: Manuel Lanzini (West Ham/ENG), Lucas Romero (Cruzeiro/BRA), Santiago Ascacibar (Estudiantes/ARG), Mauricio Martínez (Rosario Central/ARG), Giovani Lo Celso (Rosario Central/ARG), Joaquin Correa (Sampdoria/ITA)

FW: Angel Correa (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Luciano Vietto (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Giovanni Simeone (River Plate/ARG), Cristian Espinoza (Huracán/ARG)

Pathetic team :lol: it has only 2 overage players (Rulli and Cuesta) because we couldn't even call a third. For instance we'll be missing our best three (!) U23 centre forwards no Dybala, Icardi or Calleri.

Combined with a shitty coach (he coached our women's team last years with disastrous results :d) this will result in a quick first round exit.

Amazing news, Argentina will go in Rio :clap: In 2004 Greece has a patethic team too but they win the Europan Champ :p Good luck, i'll cheer for the Argentina's dreamz but only in football :p 

13 minutes ago, LDOG said:

And we have a team:

is a really better team than i expected, you dont like Angel Correa or Lanzini?, i dont see any player with more than 23 years.....but at least WE HAVE A TEAM!!, you must be happy only for that and i more optimistic, our group is not a "dead group"

hace 1 minuto, konig said:

is a really better team than i expected, you dont like Angel Correa or Lanzini?, i dont see any player with more than 23 years.....but at least WE HAVE A TEAM!!, you must be happy only for that and i more optimistic, our group is not a "dead group"

Who's gonna score the goals? Vietto? Gio? :lol: Also our best defender is Cuesta, that says it all (i'm Independiente fan).

22 minutes ago, LDOG said:

And we have a team:

You get to keep 200+ athletes on the positive side. :p

#banbestmen

23 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Who's gonna score the goals? Vietto? Gio? :lol: Also our best defender is Cuesta, that says it all (i'm Independiente fan).

In defenders i dont say nothing, probably the worst part of all, Correa is not bad and i have a good memory of Simeone in the U 20 but you are rigth that we dont have a good nine in the team.

When you thought it was all solved....

Sampdoria sold Joaquin Correa to Sevilla and his new club denies release :lol: also Vietto was denied in last days, but good news is that Sao Paulo is close to exit the Libertadores so they will release Jonathan Calleri in time for olympics (and he's better than Vietto).

Today was the first training of the team... with only 11 players (but this was expected).

29 minutos atrás, LDOG disse:

When you thought it was all solved....

Sampdoria sold Joaquin Correa to Sevilla and his new club denies release :lol: also Vietto was denied in last days, but good news is that Sao Paulo is close to exit the Libertadores so they will release Jonathan Calleri in time for olympics (and he's better than Vietto).

Today was the first training of the team... with only 11 players (but this was expected).

It is really good news :p

These last minute casualties are really complicated. Brazil will no longer have Douglas Costa and is likely to miss Fred too.

Edited by hukbrazil