Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

LDOG

Field Hockey at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

heywoodu    1,301
1 hour ago, LDOG said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is so depressing, I never could have imagined this situation.

I can only feel bad for this girls, 4 years of preparation to play this garbage in the most important week. Now there is no chance, they will probably lose 4-0 to :NED 

Well let's hope they can get their A-game in and put down a good game...let's be honest, ARG - NED should have been the final :( 

Dolby    121
3 hours ago, LDOG said:

I can only feel bad for this girls, 4 years of preparation to play this garbage in the most important week. Now there is no chance, they will probably lose 4-0 to :NED 

There is a way you can avoid Netherlands in QF. :evil:

Let us bear that huge loss. :whistle:

mrv86    212
4 hours ago, LDOG said:

Any reason why they're performing so poorly?

LDOG    264
hace 12 minutos, mrv86 said:

Any reason why they're performing so poorly?

I think it's lack of spirit more than anything. They start matches well, miss easy goals then get depressed with lack of effectiveness and as soon as they concede one goal they start missing passes, getting cards, shoot PCs straight to the opponent runner body, etc

Also some very strange things happen to them, last two matches they lost the video challenge in the first Q which is incredibly unfortunate and crippling for close matches. 

mrv86    212
3 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I think it's lack of spirit more than anything. They start matches well, miss easy goals then get depressed with lack of effectiveness and as soon as they concede one goal they start missing passes, getting cards, shoot PCs straight to the opponent runner body, etc

Also some very strange things happen to them, last two matches they lost the video challenge in the first Q which is incredibly unfortunate and crippling for close matches. 

Thanks for the explanation.

I would like them to recover in their next two games and try to gain another medal.

LDOG    264

Despite our players were super nervous due to the (unfair) risk of elimination, they survive another day :yes Now starts a new tournament :ESP in QF, they can perfectly win if they play like they normally do.

OlympicIRL    542
50 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Despite our players were super nervous due to the (unfair) risk of elimination, they survive another day :yes Now starts a new tournament :ESP in QF, they can perfectly win if they play like they normally do.

I watched the game, very enjoyable. Good luck in the quarterfinals :yes

Dennis    17

Finishing 2nd in the pool, but we still have to play against the big favorite for gold in the QF. :wall:

OlympicsFan    98
vor 18 Minuten schrieb Dennis:

Finishing 2nd in the pool, but we still have to play against the big favorite for gold in the QF. :wall:

I think Australia has also been favorite for gold at the past two olympics and they never won, they are absolutely beatable for your team. At least your team didnt throw away a medal by underestimating their opponent, like the german women did against Spain.

Dennis    17

The top favorites in the mens tournament, :AUS, are close to being eliminated. With 14 minutes left to play, :NED leads by 3-0. :yikes: