website statistics

Field Hockey at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

hace 12 minutos, mrv86 said:

Any reason why they're performing so poorly?

I think it's lack of spirit more than anything. They start matches well, miss easy goals then get depressed with lack of effectiveness and as soon as they concede one goal they start missing passes, getting cards, shoot PCs straight to the opponent runner body, etc

Also some very strange things happen to them, last two matches they lost the video challenge in the first Q which is incredibly unfortunate and crippling for close matches. 

3 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I think it's lack of spirit more than anything. They start matches well, miss easy goals then get depressed with lack of effectiveness and as soon as they concede one goal they start missing passes, getting cards, shoot PCs straight to the opponent runner body, etc

Also some very strange things happen to them, last two matches they lost the video challenge in the first Q which is incredibly unfortunate and crippling for close matches. 

Thanks for the explanation.

I would like them to recover in their next two games and try to gain another medal.

Despite our players were super nervous due to the (unfair) risk of elimination, they survive another day :yes Now starts a new tournament :ESP in QF, they can perfectly win if they play like they normally do.

50 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Despite our players were super nervous due to the (unfair) risk of elimination, they survive another day :yes Now starts a new tournament :ESP in QF, they can perfectly win if they play like they normally do.

I watched the game, very enjoyable. Good luck in the quarterfinals :yes

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Dennis:

Finishing 2nd in the pool, but we still have to play against the big favorite for gold in the QF. :wall:

I think Australia has also been favorite for gold at the past two olympics and they never won, they are absolutely beatable for your team. At least your team didnt throw away a medal by underestimating their opponent, like the german women did against Spain.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Makes Ireland's 5-0 defeat to the Netherlands look not so bad now :d

In fact, we played well in all matches at these Olympics, probably the match against India was our worst performance and we still ran them close at 3-2. Hopefully we continue getting better in the years to come. I'm not particularly optimistic though as hockey isn't very popular here and despite the breakthrough, it will be quickly forgotten by the general public :(

Edited by OlympicIRL