website statistics

Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Danylove80

7 hours ago, mrv86 said:

:MEX  Santiago Gonzalez and Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela are going to Rio in men's doubles! (source in Spanish)

This marks the return of Mexican tennis after a 16 year absence.

Wow, Mexico now has athletes in all individual sports if I'm not mistaken. That's impressive. :)

#banbestmen

8 hours ago, mrv86 said:

:MEX  Santiago Gonzalez and Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela are going to Rio in men's doubles! (source in Spanish)

This marks the return of Mexican tennis after a 16 year absence.

This is the result of Berdych's withdrawal from the Games. Stepanek must pair up with one of the two men's singles players, which leaves the vacant spot to the Mexicans. Thank you for the update!

Dear Fans,
I’m extremely disappointed to announce that I will not be able to represent Switzerland at the Olympic Games in Rio and that I will also miss the remainder of the season. Considering all options after consulting with my doctors and my team, I have made the very difficult decision to call an end to my 2016 season as I need more extensive rehabilitation following my knee surgery earlier this year. The doctors advised that if I want to play on the ATP World Tour injury free for another few years, as I intend to do, I must give both my knee and body the proper time to fully recover. It is tough to miss the rest of the year. However, the silver lining is that this experience has made me realize how lucky I have been throughout my career with very few injuries. The love I have for tennis, the competition, tournaments and of course you, the fans remains intact. I am as motivated as ever and plan to put all my energy towards coming back strong, healthy and in shape to play attacking tennis in 2017.
Thanks for your continued support.
Roger

https://www.facebook.com/Federer/?fref=nf&__mref=message_bubble

hace 46 minutos, dareza said:

ok, two :d In doubles and mixed doubles he was favorite for medal with his partners :d In single maybe not

I think that mixed doubles had more options.