Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

juddy96

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Il_qar    23
Только что, Gianlu33 сказал:

I'm not a wrestling expert, anyone know if Frank Chamizo have a good schance for win a medal? In Italy all media are ottimist but i think that they aren't the best for the wrestling news :p  

He has quite strong Armenian wrestler (former world champion) in the 1/8 then in semifinal he can meet the winner of Gadziyev (Poland) vs Toghrul (Azerbaijan, Chamizo beat him in the semifinal of last WC).So, yes, hard draw. But, of course, i hope he wont be Olympic champion, since we have our own sportsmen in this category :)

MHSN    225
31 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

He has a very bad draw, he can lose in 1st round and not go to repechage, but he can also win the tournament.

Actually he has a good draw, the bottom half is much tougher, the Armenian is indeed a former world champion but he didn't even qualify for Rio. he was lucky to get invited because of that Meldonium case. his 2nd opponent will be probably easy for him. he has a tough semifinal against either Asgarov or Gadzhiev.

intoronto    342
1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Actually he has a good draw, the bottom half is much tougher, the Armenian is indeed a former world champion but he didn't even qualify for Rio. he was lucky to get invited because of that Meldonium case. his 2nd opponent will be probably easy for him. he has a tough semifinal against either Asgarov or Gadzhiev.

What about the other side of the bracket, who do you think will iwn that ?

MHSN    225
Just now, intoronto said:

What about the other side of the bracket, who do you think will iwn that ?

VERY hard to predict. Ramonov on paper but from what I saw , Russian freestyle wrestlers was a bit out of shape here, (even Sadullaev didn't kill anybody here)

with this crazy scheduling , the conditioning is very important here, in most wrestling tournaments there are usually 1-2 hours between matches, but here usually less than 30 minutes. so getting a bye in 1st round is a big thing, so I give more chances to those 3 guys in bottom half with "bye" in 1st round. Batirov maybe. Novruzov despite being a last year silver medalist never impressed me.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

VERY hard to predict. Ramonov on paper but from what I saw , Russian freestyle wrestlers was a bit out of shape here, (even Sadullaev didn't kill anybody here)

with this crazy scheduling , the conditioning is very important here, in most wrestling tournaments there are usually 1-2 hours between matches, but here usually less than 30 minutes. so getting a bye in 1st round is a big thing, so I give more chances to those 3 guys in bottom half with "bye" in 1st round. Batirov maybe. Novruzov despite being a last year silver medalist never impressed me.

Yogeshwar Dutt? How are his chances? :(

Though he didn't wrestle much in last few years. :wall:

MHSN    225
1 minute ago, gubchandrolai said:

Yogeshwar Dutt? How are his chances? :(

Though he didn't wrestle much in last few years. :wall:

he has a tough Mongolian in 1st round, then that Chinese guy I forgot to mention before, the dark horse here. if he can survives these 2 matches he has a chance,

considering his age, It will be really hard for him to survive wrestling 4 close matches in 2 hours.

zob79    14

MHSN, please tell me if Saritov does stand a chance vs Snyder. 

MHSN    225
47 minutes ago, zob79 said:

MHSN, please tell me if Saritov does stand a chance vs Snyder. 

yes I think he does, he is not the favorite but he has a chance

MHSN    225

lol what a quick day for Nasiri. worst defense ever, we had a gold medal caliber wrestler in this weight in Ahmad Mohammadi . they forced him to wrestle this guy when he was injured, made his injury much worse and therefore killed our chance for a possible gold. that's why I hate this "trial" system. when you know who is better, just send him to the Olympics.

zob79    14

Andriitsev destroyed Boltukaev! 8-5 final score after 0-4 at the end of first period :yikes:

Quasit    135
13 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Andriitsev destroyed Boltukaev! 8-5 final score after 0-4 at the end of first period :yikes:

I have absolutely no idea why they wouldn't send the silver medalist from 2015 instead.

MHSN    225

what a mistake by our coach, why the hell you are challenging a decision against Azerbaijan ? they own UWW. they will NEVER change decision against Azerbaijan. Gazyumov's knee touched the mat and Yazdani got robbed, but we knew how it works.

with Boltukaev losing ,Yazdani had gold medal in his pocket winning this one. :(