website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

juddy96

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

of course I know him very well, he used to wrestle in Iranian league as well. I would rank him 7 or 8 behind those top 4, Ketoev (ARM), Odikadze (GEO) and whoever Ukraine sends.

this is a tough weight with so many Russian wrestlers wrestling for other countries , beside Saritov, we have Gazyumov (AZE), Musaev (KGZ), Ibragimov (UZB), another bragimov (KAZ) and Ketoev (ARM), they are all from Russia !!!! with these 6 and Boltukaev we will have 7 Russian wrestlers in the competition ! :d

if you ask me he has a chance for medal, specially with this random draw but he is small for this weight, I don't give him chance for the gold but a medal is possible for him with a good draw.

Thank you very much, man! :)

we have  7 russian wrestlers in 97 kg.

gazyumov (aze)

georgy ketoyev (armenia) olympic bronze medalist and WCH gold medalist

albert saritov (romania) WCH bronze medalist

magomed musaev (kgz)

and boltokayev and ibragimov (uzb and kaz)

besides of the clear favorites each one of them could be a trouble at least on the one single elimination match 

Edited by amiry2j

1 hour ago, stamura84 said:

It's saying Taha Akgul might still be injured? That's a pretty big deal if he indeed is injured, since he is apparently the big favourite in 125..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

В 07.07.2016 в 17:39, MHSN сказал:

I never bought it, most probably just a poor translation. cheating is a part of their culture, they will never be sorry of that.

Ramonov is one of the favorites at 65kg, but this is probably the most unpredictable weights in freestyle with so many favorites. if I had to pick someone it would be between Ramonov and Chamizo but both of them can be beaten by other wrestlers. also we have to wait to see if UWW allows Gadzhiev (POL) to compete or not, they took his quota because of using meldonium but didn't ban him !!!! his case is active in CAS now. he will be as good as Ramonov as Chamizo.

That will be a huge huge surprise if Sadulaev doesn't win the gold, he is just too good ! after him I give more chances to Boltukaev for the gold, he is a monster. Ramonov is probably their 3rd chance, I also give good chance to Gedeuv, he is damn good but the problem is he has to beat Burroughs , the second best freestyle wrestler in the world right now. they had a close match in Las Vegas but I expect Burroughs to be more prepared this time.

just a few words to add: I read that interview in Russian and Lebedev definitely said that he wouldn't compete for Olympic team. I think, it is decision of coaches who as I supposed didn't like the protest of Dagestan origin wrestlers at the latest national championship. I don't think Lebedev is the best for Russia in his category so, this a chance for his rivals (including our guy). Regarding Boltukaev, I agree with MHSN-he is very good!

Edited by Il_qar

On 7/7/2016 at 16:55, amiry2j said:

we have  7 russian wrestlers in 97 kg.

gazyumov (aze)

georgy ketoyev (armenia) olympic bronze medalist and WCH gold medalist

albert saritov (romania) WCH bronze medalist

magomed musaev (kgz)

and boltokayev and ibragimov (uzb and kaz)

besides of the clear favorites each one of them could be a trouble at least on the one single elimination match 

I've seen some videos of Boltukaev and, man, he is impressive! He's a goddamn beast, don't know how could anyone beat him

19 hours ago, zob79 said:

I've seen some videos of Boltukaev and, man, he is impressive! He's a goddamn beast, don't know how could anyone beat him

yes he's real good but olympic is the different situation , many of these kind of wrestlers eliminated in first stage

but yes he has a real good chance to win gold. he's counter wrestler and balanced in defence and attack

:USA USA WRESTLING ROSTER :USA

MENS:

Freeystyle:

57kg: Daniel Dennis

65kg: Frank Molinaro

74kg: Jordan Burroughs

86kg: J'den Cox

96kg: Kyle Snyder

125kg: Tervel Dlagnev

Greco-Roman:

59kg: Jesse Thielke

75kg: Andy Bisek

85kg: Ben Provisor

130kg: Robby Smith

WOMENS:

Freestyle:

48kg: Haley Augello

55kg: Helen Maroulis

63kg: Elena Pirozhkova

75kg: Adeline Gray

Iran Squad officially announced

Men's 57kg Freestyle - Hassan Rahimi

Men's 65kg Freestyle - Meisam Nassiri

Men's 74kg Freestyle - Hassan Yazdani

Men's 86kg Freestyle - Alireza Karimi

Men's 97kg Freestyle - Reza Yazdani

Men's 125kg Freestyle - Komeil Ghasemi

Men's 59kg Greco-Roman - Hamid Sourian

Men's 66kg Greco-Roman - Omid Norouzi

Men's 75kg Greco-Roman - Saeid Abdevali

Men's 85kg Greco-Roman - Habibollah Akhlaghi

Men's 98kg Greco-Roman - Ghasem Rezaei

Men's 130kg Greco-Roman - Bashir Babajanzadeh

Bulgarian junior national team coach will replace freestyle wrestler Lyuben Iliev at next month's Rio Olympics after the 27-year-old went missing.

"He (Iliev) just sank out of sight, we can't reach him," Bulgarian freestyle wrestling team coach Valentin Raychev told local media on Tuesday. "We'll rely on (junior team coach) Dimitar Kumchev at the Olympics."

Raychev described Iliev -- originally scheduled to compete in the 125-kg category in Rio -- as "emotionally unstable" and said the wrestler went missing on July 4 when the national team returned to Bulgaria following a training camp in Russia.