website statistics

Taekwondo at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

mrv86

I'm confused, which Mexican will be in the men's -58kg in Rio? The taekwondo Wikipedia and the qualifying thread here on Totallympics list Cesar Rodriguez, but the "Mexico at the 2016 Olympics" Wiki lists Navarro, which would make much more sense.. 

Also, this says Navarro, so I'm guessing he will be the one, but I'm confused :p

https://deportes.terra.com/carlos-navarro-entrena-diario-para-medalla-de-oro-en-taekwondo-en-rio,bca23b567cdc6faf34bea663365a5512k28b2y5u.html

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm confused, which Mexican will be in the men's -58kg in Rio? The taekwondo Wikipedia and the qualifying thread here on Totallympics list Cesar Rodriguez, but the "Mexico at the 2016 Olympics" Wiki lists Navarro, which would make much more sense.. 

Also, this says Navarro, so I'm guessing he will be the one, but I'm confused :p

https://deportes.terra.com/carlos-navarro-entrena-diario-para-medalla-de-oro-en-taekwondo-en-rio,bca23b567cdc6faf34bea663365a5512k28b2y5u.html

It's Navarro

19 hours ago, heywoodu said:

they can replace by someone with below 20 ranking (if they have this alternative), no matter who earned the quota place

in wiki they just write the name of person who earned the quota

Edited by amiry2j

Uniform/pant designs for the Olympics :d 

Final-Uniform-pants-page-0011-e146917333

http://www.worldtaekwondofederation.net/16749-2/

I think the entire bottom row is incredibly boring...almost as if they're not finished yet. On the other hand, I love the Brazilian one and the British, Iranian and Thai seem cool too :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Am 9.6.2016 um 17:21 schrieb heywoodu:

:BEL Belgium

Women

Raheleh Asemani (-57kg)

Men

Si Mohamed Ketbi (-58kg)

Jaouad Achab (-68kg)

Yep, Asemani. We all know the story I guess and I think we all have the same opinion on this. 

The other big thing is Ketbi is selected after all, after a whole lot of problems with staying under the weight limit. Meaning Mourad Laachraoui isn't going to Rio and the Dutch headlines of a while back ("Brother of Brussels terrorist going to Rio") were indeed bullshit, as expected. 

Are you serious? Is this the girl that competed as a refugee at the european qualification tournament? THIS IS A SCANDAL! Very sad to see how desperate Belgium is for olympic medals, i have lost all my respect for this country and of course for IOC, because they allowed this. All athletes should protest to stop her from competing. I still cant believe that she was allowed to compete at the qualification tournament. If she really is a refugee, than IOC just should have allowed her to compete as a neutral athlete in Rio. I PRAY that she wont steal a medal in Rio.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Are you serious? Is this the girl that competed as a refugee at the european qualification tournament? 

Yes. 

Like said before and I agree with basically everyone about this: nothing against her personal, but it's bad that Belgium now basically had 2 athletes in the OQT. I would even not have complained if there was nobody fighting for Belgium in the OQT, but there was (Indra Craen I think?). 

Women
Panipak Wongpattanakit - 49 kg
Phannapa Harnsujin - 57 kg

Men
Tawin Hanprab - 58 kg

I believe that the world no.2 Panipak can get a medal.She is in a good form,and the only one who is better than her is Wu jingyu from China. However,She will find a hard job if she has to play against Lucija Zaninovic from Croatia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, tomorrow we're starting :d