website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I'll go and agree with phelps' theory... That he was caught once again, but it will never become official to the rest of the World...

Either that or they indeed don't want lifters that have been banned in the past 4 years, but I agree that probably the injury story is rubbish. 

By the way, these rumours are going around for two weeks, but unconfirmed of course...I waited 2 weeks with placing a big bet on Shi (odds of 4.5, which is way too high if Liao isn't there)...now it's official, and the bookmakers removed the odds literally within minutes :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Griff88 said:

Leader :PRK Kim Jong-un will make sure to stop that :lol:

Probably, -56kg is one of those were I don't think China is the main favourite, just like Tian Tao for example :p

Obviously they should get some golds, but 10, absolutely no way unless a big miracle happens :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Probably, -56kg is one of those were I don't think China is the main favourite, just like Tian Tao for example :p

Obviously they should get some golds, but 10, absolutely no way unless a big miracle happens :d 

Yeah.. And I don't think they can grab medal in heavier category though

Good news as Liao retired, now my bet on Shi Zhiyong @6.00 is safe :d . Anyway about China's 10 golds - it's impossible , but 8 is really realistic. 4 men Chen Lijun ,Shi Zhiyong, Lu Xiaojun and one of these two  Tian Tao or Long Qingquan , + all 4 women. Don't see any competition for Chinese females . The biggest ???? is men 94kg I hope that my frien Aurimas Didzbalis will get one of the medals :) , but it will be really hard to fight with beast like Moradi or Zielinski .

Men 105kg I think Nurudinov can win it even if Zaichikov or Bedzhanian will be involved. But I hope they will not be in olympics.

+105 kg I'm with Lasha Talakhadze , Iranian guy Salimi looked not in very good shape at Iran grand prix especially in Clean and jerk , maybe it's because of that injury he got before 2015 worlds. I am not even sure if he will be in Iran team cause other big guy from Iran looks in better shape these days. Albegov would be bigger competition for Lasha , but it's not finalised that Russia will be allowed to compete.

Women +75 is still ????? cause of Russia ban , if they will not be allowed to compete maybe China could change their team and send Meng Suping for a an easy Gold medal.

75kg This one is biggest ?????? Evstukhina, Un Ju Kim and Podobedova are banned , and will not be involved. China's Yue Kang could be easy winner here , but she's not on China team, maybe cause she bombed out in nationals. In last years worlds girl from PRK Rim Jong Sim finished 2nd don't know much about her but if she will get into North Korea team she could be winner here, others to mention Lydia Valentin , Iryna Dekha and maybe Nayo Ketchanke.

Women 58 kg : Without Boyanka Kostova , and Deng Mengrong ( or other chinese girls) there is only one favorite left here and it's Hsing-Chun Kuo from Taipei. Recently she C&jerked unofficial world record in training ( or equal to world record can't remember but it was on Instagram or somwhere else) . Only rival for her could be Jong Hwa Ri from North Korea. But it's really doubtfull . After Hwa's DSQ after IWF world champs in 2014 (there was only result dsq , no ban ) She did not competed in any big events and I really don't know if she will be in Rio.

So that's my toughts on Olympics this year .

Hi everybody, here is Thailand team :THA

56 - Witoon Mingmoon, Sinphet Kruaithong
69 - Tairat Bunsuk
77 - Chatuphum Chinnawong
94 - Sarat Sumpradit

48 - Sopita Tanasan
58 - Sukanya Srisurat, Pimsiri Sirikaew
63 - Siripuch Gulnoi

8 hours ago, irmants said:

Women 58 kg : Without Boyanka Kostova , and Deng Mengrong ( or other chinese girls) there is only one favorite left here and it's Hsing-Chun Kuo from Taipei. Recently she C&jerked unofficial world record in training ( or equal to world record can't remember but it was on Instagram or somwhere else) . Only rival for her could be Jong Hwa Ri from North Korea. But it's really doubtfull . After Hwa's DSQ after IWF world champs in 2014 (there was only result dsq , no ban ) She did not competed in any big events and I really don't know if she will be in Rio.

Don't forget Thai lifter:) It will be a contest btw Kuo and Sukanya and Pimsiri.

3 hours ago, Tona22 said:

69 - Tairat Bunsuk
94 - Sarat Sumpradit

48 - Sopita Tanasan
63 - Siripuch Gulnoi

Do you have any sources related to the announcement of Thailand's weightlifting team for Rio?

28 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Do you have any sources related to the announcement of Thailand's weightlifting team for Rio?

Here is the announcement of Thai Amateur Weightlifting Association (TAWA)

http://www.tawa.or.th/frontend/web/index.php?r=site%2Fnews_detail&id=142

It's in Thai but you can observe by the pictures

13754257_1119479761457231_80716649907473

6 hours ago, Tona22 said:

69 - Tairat Bunsuk
94 - Sarat Sumpradit

48 - Sopita Tanasan
63 - Siripuch Gulnoi

Don't forget Thai lifter:) It will be a contest btw Kuo and Sukanya and Pimsiri.

Judging from both Srisurat's and Pimsiri's latest results from big competitions I don't see them winning against Kuo , Maybe Srisurat could beat her in Snatch, but Kuo is really strong in Clean and Jerk and should be winner overal. Maybe you can tell more about these girls recent form more?