website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

No wonder they are angry, I think weightlifting is in some serious shit now regarding their Olympic future. Sure, there was always doping in weightlifting, but we are now talking about a big chunk of Olympic medalists being positive.

I understand they are "angry" because Russia brought shame into this sport, this is what they wrote in their statement but to me it's unbelievable they are letting Kazakhstan participate. this is more than obvious that in this country they have organized doping. their midget coach Alexey Ni is indeed involved in this. all of their Olympic gold medalists failed the test. they had so many positive tests in 2015 World Championship, most of their current team members tested positive before, ironically most of them Rahimov, Zaichikov and Ulanov were average athletes before the ban, but right after serving 2 years ban, they came back much much better ! this is obvious what they did during their suspension and IWF is still letting them participate. I can predict in 4 years we are talking about how Kazakh weightlifters failed in Rio 2016 retesting ! :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I understand they are "angry" because Russia brought shame into this sport, this is what they wrote in their statement but to me it's unbelievable they are letting Kazakhstan participate. this is more than obvious that in this country they have organized doping. their midget coach Alexey Ni is indeed involved in this. all of their Olympic gold medalists failed the test. they had so many positive tests in 2015 World Championship, most of their current team members tested positive before, ironically most of them Rahimov, Zaichikov and Ulanov were average athletes before the ban, but right after serving 2 years ban, they came back much much better ! this is obvious what they did during their suspension and IWF is still letting them participate. I can predict in 4 years we are talking about how Kazakh weightlifters failed in Rio 2016 retesting ! :facepalm:

If I'm being honest, I'd rather see Russia participate than Kazakhstan and/or Azerbaijan. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, MHSN said:

no they are strong because they eat horse meat :lol:

i don't understnad why they didn't ban BLR neither!

it's quite unfair only ban russia!

Edited by amiry2j

Updated start list

http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2016/08/Rio2016_List-of-Athletes-by-Event_Updated_01082016.pdf

no Russia and there are few changes, most important China added Meng Suping (instead of their 48kg weightlifter) when they saw Kasherina is gone !

Edited by MHSN

Am 29.7.2016 um 21:07 schrieb MHSN:

1) Medal chances for Velagic?

2) Possible to win medals in weightlifting without doping?

3) Are athletes tested while they are banned?

I think at least top 8 in all events at the olympics should be tested and if there are more than X doping cases in a certain sport, then this sport should be banned for the next olympic games. I know that this is unfair for all clean athletes, but doping is also unfair for clean athletes, so we have to decide between one of those two things, there will never be a perfectly fair solution. All athletes, federations and nations have to understand that we cant continue like this and in my opinion no cheater should ever again be allowed to compete at olympic games and all cheaters should have to pay back all the prize money and all the money that other athletes lost thanks to their cheating.

At the moment it looks like this:

Either you dont cheat and never win anything, because there are enough people who are willing to cheat and cant really lose anything by doing it, or you cheat yourself and basically cant lose anything. In the worst case you wont be able to compete for 2 years, but thats not really a big punishment, because you wouldnt have earned much anyway during those 2 years without doping. We have to punish athletes, nations and federations, not just one of them, otherwise cheaters will always find a way.

I think it would be great if all nations would sign a "declaration" that no athlete was caught for doping will be funded in the future. If countries like China, Kazakhstan or Russia keep funding their athletes after they got caught, then those athletes dont risk much by doping and its obvious that those nations have no problem with doping.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb MHSN:

Updated start list

http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2016/08/Rio2016_List-of-Athletes-by-Event_Updated_01082016.pdf

no Russia and there are few changes, most important China added Meng Suping (instead of their 48kg weightlifter) when they saw Kasherina is gone !

When was/is the official deadline? Will other nations also change their entries in your opinion? Was the chinese guy a medal contender and is there any nation that could profit from it, but didnt enter an athlete in this event so far?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Updated start list

I did not see ALB and GEO on the list of female athletes. Something's wrong. :(