Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
phelps

Fencing 2016 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

mrv86    345

Fencing Pan-American Championships 2016

 

Women's Team Epée Semifinals

 

:USA United States 45 - 30 :BRA Brazil

:CAN Canada 45 - 26 :PUR Puerto Rico

 

Bronze Medal Final

 

:BRA 45 Brazil - 16 :PUR Puerto Rico

 

Gold Medal Final

 

:USA United States 44 - 45 :CAN Canada

 

 

Canada upset the Americans being in the lead for most of the bouts and winning by just one touch in the final :yes Meanwhile Venezuela withdraw from the competition making possible for the Puerto Ricans to finish in fourth.

 

 

Men's Team Foil Semifinals

 

:USA United States 45 - 21 :MEX Mexico

:CAN Canada 33 - 45 :BRA Brazil

 

Bronze Medal Final

 

:MEX Mexico 38 - 45 :CAN Canada

 

Gold Medal Final

 

:USA  United States 45 - 38 :BRA Brazil

 

 

No surprises in here, exact positions from last year (sadly for Mexico)

 

BTW, I found a link to live streaming of the finals; hope they have it for tomorrow also...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352

Fencing European Championships 2016

 

Women's Team Epee Semifinals

 

:EST Estonia 39 - 30 :HUN Hungary

:FRA France 41 - 36 :ROU Romania

 

Bronze Medal Final

 

:HUN Hungary 19 - 27 :ROU Romania

 

Gold Medal Final

 

:FRA France 28 - 33 :EST Estonia

 

 

Men's Team Sabre Semifinals

 

:RUS Russia 45 - 32 :ROU Romania

:ITA Italy 45 - 43 :HUN Hungary

 

Bronze Medal Final

 

:HUN Hungary 32 - 45 :ROU Romania

 

Gold Medal Final

 

:RUS Russia 45 - 42 :ITA Italy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352

Fencing European Championships 2016

 

Final Medal Table

 

:RUS Russia,  6 - 1 - 3

:FRA France,  2 - 4 - 3

:ITA Italy,  1 - 4 - 1

:ROU Romania,  1 - 1 - 2

:GER Germany,  1 - 0 - 2

:EST Estonia,  1 - 0 - 0

:HUN Hungary,  0 - 1 - 1

:SUI Switzerland,  0 - 1 - 0

:UKR Ukraine ,  0 - 0 - 4

:GBR Great Britain, 0 - 0 - 1

:POL Poland,  0 - 0 - 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352

Fencing Pan-American Championships 2016

 

Women's Team Sabre Semifinals

 

:USA United States 45 - 27 :CAN Canada

:MEX Mexico 45 - 38 :VEN Venezuela

 

Bronze Medal Final

 

:CAN Canada 45 - 42 :VEN Venezuela

 

Gold Medal Final

 

:USA United States 45 - 41 :MEX Mexico

 

 

Men's Team Epee Semifinals

 

:CUB Cuba 37 - 32 :COL Colombia

:VEN Venezuela 45 - 31 :BRA Brazil

 

Bronze Medal Final

 

:BRA Brazil 30 - 45 :COL Colombia

 

Gold Medal Final

 

:VEN Venezuela 45 - 36 :CUB Cuba

Edited by phelps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352

Fencing Pan-American Championships 2016

 

Women's Team Foil Semifinals

 

:USA United States 45 - 21 :MEX Mexico

:CAN Canada 45 - 19 :COL Colombia

 

Bronze Medal Final

 

:MEX Mexico 45 - 34 :COL Colombia

 

Gold Medal Final

 

:USA United States 45 - 25 :CAN Canada

 

 

Men's Team Sabre Semifinals

 

:USA United States 45 - 28 :MEX Mexico

:ARG Argentina 45 - 41 :CAN Canada

 

Bronze Medal Final

 

:CAN Canada 29 - 45 :MEX Mexico

 

Gold Medal Final

 

:USA United States 45 - 36 :ARG Argentina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352

Fencing Pan-American Championships 2016

 

Final Medal Table

 

:USA United States,  8 - 5 - 5

:CAN Canada,  1 - 1 - 5

:BRA Brazil,  1 - 1 - 1

:CUB Cuba,  1 - 1 - 1

:VEN Venezuela,  1 - 1 - 1

:MEX Mexico,  0 - 2 - 3

:ARG Argentina,  0 - 1 - 1

:COL Colombia,  0 - 0 - 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352

Last Saturday & Sunday the World Cup 2016/2017 started in Cancun (MEX) with the first tournaments of this campaign: the Women's Individual and Team Foil competitions...

 

Without the Russians and the Olympic Silver medallist Elisa Di Francisca, the weekend ended with a not so unusual Italian total domination, 3 girls on the individual podium and a quite easy win in the Team competition...

 

Here are the full rankings (and the links to the single bouts results):

 

Individual Event

http://fie.org/competitions/2017/125/results/rank

 

Team Event

http://fie.org/competitions/2017/492/results/rank

 

 

By the way, this is the full calendar of the 2016/2017 World Cup for all the 3 weapons:

 

World Cup Events

 

Grand Prix Events

 

just remember that both WC and GP are parte of the same World Cup standings (and all of them contribute to the World Ranking), the only difference being the amount of points awarded for the various final placings in the Individual Events (and the fact that the GP events don't have the Team competition included in their stages)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    535
26 minutes ago, phelps said:

Last Saturday & Sunday the World Cup 2016/2017 started in Cancun (MEX) with the first tournaments of this campaign: the Women's Individual and Team Foil competitions...

 

Without the Russians and the Olympic Silver medallist Elisa Di Francisca, the weekend ended with a not so unusual Italian total domination, 3 girls on the individual podium and a quite easy win in the Team competition...

 

Here are the full rankings (and the links to the single bouts results):

 

Individual Event

http://fie.org/competitions/2017/125/results/rank

 

Team Event

http://fie.org/competitions/2017/492/results/rank

 

 

By the way, this is the full calendar of the 2016/2017 World Cup for all the 3 weapons:

 

World Cup Events

 

Grand Prix Events

 

just remember that both WC and GP are parte of the same World Cup standings (and all of them contribute to the World Ranking), the only difference being the amount of points awarded for the various final placings in the Individual Events (and the fact that the GP events don't have the Team competition included in their stages)...

One question. I want to know team disciplines for 2020?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    352
4 hours ago, dareza said:

One question. I want to know team disciplines for 2020?

 

it's gonna be the same as 2008...

 

so, Men's Foil and Women's Epee won't have the Team event in Tokyo, unless this stupid rotation is finally cancelled and all 12 events are going to be contested (but it's easier to see the snow in the desert than this happening)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thepharoah    236

really sad that many talents in men's foil won't play at WC in Cairo , sadly the tournament comes at the start of post - olympic season , so many players are just having a rest , but at least we'll have the Olympic champion Garozzo participating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    784
3 hours ago, phelps said:

 

it's gonna be the same as 2008...

 

so, Men's Foil and Women's Epee won't have the Team event in Tokyo, unless this stupid rotation is finally cancelled and all 12 events are going to be contested (but it's easier to see the snow in the desert than this happening)...

Sadly I agree whit you. They continue to add new sport ignoering the fencing. I hope that FEI will press the CIO in the next olympic cycles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dareza    535
22 hours ago, phelps said:

 

it's gonna be the same as 2008...

 

so, Men's Foil and Women's Epee won't have the Team event in Tokyo, unless this stupid rotation is finally cancelled and all 12 events are going to be contested (but it's easier to see the snow in the desert than this happening)...

Thanks. I agree. This si so stupid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×