website statistics

Judo at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

HEEEELLLL YEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! 

:POR:POR:POR

Bronze medal!!!!!!! :champion: WE HAVE A MEDAL!!!!!

For all you that are from countries that usually get a lot of medals, this sounds like overreaction, but Portugal had 23 medals in 23 olympic editions (previous to Rio), so you can do the math and see how much a medal means for my nation!!! Our social media is going crazy!!!

And it's Telma, who's a 5 time EC and always missed the medals on Olympics, so she was the one everyone was really cheering, she totally deserve this!!!!

My medal's goal is achieved, from now on it will be (an amazing) bonus!

il y a 4 minutes, kungshamra71 a déclaré:

HEEEELLLL YEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! 

Bronze medal!!!!!!! :champion: WE HAVE A MEDAL!!!!!

For all you that are from countries that usually get a lot of medals, this sounds like overreaction, but Portugal had 23 medals in 23 olympic editions (previous to Rio), so you can do the math and see how much a medal means for my nation!!! Our social media is going crazy!!!

And it's Telma, who's a 5 time EC and always missed the medals on Olympics, so she was the one everyone was really cheering, she totally deserve this!!!!

My medal's goal is achieved, from now on it will be (an amazing) bonus!

Congratulations, I'm happy for you! :clap::thumbup:

I prefer judo over wrestling so thankfully they always schedule athletics for the second week and judo for the first. Judo/Athl;etics clash would be criminal for me as a fan.

Only in Sydney I think they had athletics in the first week due to their hopes in swimming for the second week IIRC.

Only know, when seeing a replay, I notice that the beautiful story of Silva winning gold should never have happened...if I'm not mistaken she should have been disqualified for an illegal leg grab in the final :yikes: (not the first time, she was disqualified for the same illegal action in the 2012 Olympic quarter finals..) 

I was really happy with her gold medal because it was awesome to see, but now I'm sad that the Mongolian has had a gold medal stolen (probably because of home field advantage for Silva)...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Only know, when seeing a replay, I notice that the beautiful story of Silva winning gold should never have happened...if I'm not mistaken she should have been disqualified for an illegal leg grab in the final :yikes: (not the first time, she was disqualified for the same illegal action in the 2012 Olympic quarter finals..) 

I was really happy with her gold medal because it was awesome to see, but now I'm sad that the Mongolian has had a gold medal stolen (probably because of home field advantage for Silva)...

I don't understand the rules in deep, but you can clearly see in the video that she didn't grab the leg, her hands were in the opponent's arm throughout the entire move. I don't think we're having any "home advantage" in Judo, but of course I expect people to put every brazilian medal under question.

5 hours ago, vinipereira said:

I don't understand the rules in deep, but you can clearly see in the video that she didn't grab the leg, her hands were in the opponent's arm throughout the entire move. I don't think we're having any "home advantage" in Judo, but of course I expect people to put every brazilian medal under question.

Well, don't get me wrong: I much prefer Silva winning the gold than Dorjsuren, since I have no special thing about Mongolia (neither positive nor negative) and a home gold was a fantastic moment for Silva. I was convinced it was an illegal leg grab and in that case she should clearly have been disqualified, but after seeing some photos from different angles, I'm starting to think it maybe was not an illegal leg grab after all :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!