website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Read my last comment, 3 posts up. I discovered there is a more "serious" bump in question which I didn't see so like I said in my previous comment, I can't comment on it. I hope justice is served whatever :)

No problem.  Obviously I'm biased.  ;)

il y a 11 minutes, juddy96 a déclaré:

We have just heard back on the protest... #bronzeBronze.png for @EvanDunfee. We expect a counter protest from the Japanese.

It sounds to me like the Aurélie Muller's case (10 km swimming). Athletes might be faulty, but the answer seems so out of reach. You're either cleaned or DSQ with no possible cases for a middle ground. It seems specially unhuman when we are talking about such demanding events.

I think there should be a case  for minor sanctions like in road cycling (time penalty, etc.)

11 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Congratulations, Slovakia :SVK with the 50km Race Walk title. I know this one lovely Slovakian user that probably got his mind blown from happiness today :p

:hug: Thanks.

last few words about todays race, now when I calmed down a bit and recovered my mind ...a bit :p

ok so the results are official with the bronze for Evan Dunfee. Congrats Canada :yes I have to say thats a surprise for me, thinking that Evan already had a amazing and very hard race last Friday in the 20km, I was sure he ´ll be the most tired one from the athletes in the top of the race, but he showed today  a great effort. respect ! Congrats also to Australia for the silver. Jared is a great walker too and he proved it today once again.

Pitty for Chocho :( Ecuador without medals in Rio, I wanted him on the podium with Totha and Heffernan, no medal this time for the Irish but well, 6th place and great effort too was briliant as well. congrats. and what to say about the hero of the day. Diniz :bowdown: what a superhero, instoppable ! I knew that it will be impossible for him to win with the way he started to compete today, it was just a stupid tactic in this conditions, but the way how he didn´t gave up and fought to finish the race is for me one of the highlights of those games. Respect to Yohan too.

In total only 48 out of the 80 athletes participating in the race finished it. Just explaining how difficult were the conditions and how extremely demanding was the race today. the last classified Serbian Filipovic ended the race 58 minutes behind Toth !!! very very difficult race. very heavy.

I am very sad for the japanese guy, what a scandal to disqualify him!

Hopefully one of the top 3 will get caught, so that he will get the medal back that was stolen from him today. :fingers:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.