website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

42 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What a low level final, where were Gatlin, Merritt, Jobodawana or the guy from Antigua? I think Van Niekerk easily could have won a silver medal here.

What is going on with french athletics? Before the start of the competition, 3 medals (mens pole vault, mens 50 km race walking, mens 110 m hurdles) would have been an amazing result for them, now they won medals in womens discus throw, mens 200 m and mens decathlon out of nowhere.

Gatlin didn't make the final, Francis was injured

1 hour ago, Agger said:

A gold for Langvad or the handball team (or possibly Viktor, Nicole or Simone) would be absolutely perfect to finish these games!

I'll be pulling for the Danish handball team!

just 2 cm from bronze in javelin...but she knows she could and should throw a bit better. What a bad luck for her, Martina...but what for Gemili, joy for 1, drama for another.

Congrats Croatia - enormous Games

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

I'm absolutely thrilled for Tom Walsh getting bronze in shot put. He deserves it with his consistent podium finishes, I couldn't bare him finishing 4th again like at WChs last year. Sad for Congolese guy but was kinda hoping one of the Americans were to bomb out. But that was never going to happen. 

What a day it was for the USA with 4 golds (5 with the epic win for Maroulis in wrestling). :bowdown: What a cracker of a final in the shot put that was. Not only did Crouser beat the 30 year old Olympic record of Ulf Timmermann, but he entered the top 10 all time. And all his throws nearly averaged 22 metres. Just insane performance. :bowdown: :champion: