website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

Churandy shows again what an epic sportsperson he is :)

"Do you feel bad about missing out on a medal by 0,01 second?"

"No! Why? :d " (yes, including that smile)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way. Sara's medal is our 13th. That is a tied 2nd place all-time. Only 1948 was better when it comes to the amount of medal (we're tied with 1920).

When I started really following sports (more than just football and handball), I thought we would never get close to the amounts from the old days. I'm extremely proud to be able to follow this danish team, where we get this much medals even though some of our biggest medal chances didn't make it.

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

By the way. Sara's medal is our 13th. That is a tied 2nd place all-time. Only 1948 was better when it comes to the amount of medal (we're tied with 1920).

When I started really following sports (more than just football and handball), I thought we would never get close to the amounts from the old days. I'm extremely proud to be able to follow this danish team, where we get this much medals even though some of our biggest medal chances didn't make it.

That's great!  Congratulations, Denmark!  

What a low level final, where were Gatlin, Merritt, Jobodawana or the guy from Antigua? I think Van Niekerk easily could have won a silver medal here.

What is going on with french athletics? Before the start of the competition, 3 medals (mens pole vault, mens 50 km race walking, mens 110 m hurdles) would have been an amazing result for them, now they won medals in womens discus throw, mens 200 m and mens decathlon out of nowhere.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Amazing games for :DEN:bowdown:

Maybe not quite in terms of golds, but definitely in terms of medals. :yes

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Amazing games for :DEN:bowdown:

Maybe not quite in terms of golds, but definitely in terms of medals. :yes

A gold for Langvad or the handball team (or possibly Viktor, Nicole or Simone) would be absolutely perfect to finish these games!

oukay so congrats to all countries, looking that a million of nations already won medals in athletics so far in the whole olympic history......Please, Can we dream about it too...it´s time. probably now or never...

8 hours left .... I think I´ll not be able to even speak or eat all those 8 hours...so much already I´m nervous

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

oukay so congrats to all countries, looking that a million of nations already won medals in athletics so far in the whole olympic history......Please, Can we dream about it too...it´s time. probably now or never...

8 hours left .... I think I´ll not be able to even speak or eat all those 8 hours...so much already I´m nervous

I hope you plan to sleep :p

#banbestmen