vor 11 Stunden schrieb OlympicsFan:

Amazing result! :clap:

I am happy that all those cheaters ended up without a medal. :thumbup:

I think Röhler is suspiciuos as well

Oh sorry i forgot he is German, cant be, Germans do not cheat

PS nothing against Röhler, but it becomes too much

Edited by prso1000

Marathon time :)

Also :( because it means it's the last day of the Olympics. Anyway, everyone is saying Kipchoge is the big favourite, but I doubt he's gonna win...though I have no idea who will win :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Otilio:

Hello, Olympic Fan. 

First of all, I would ask respect for Spain, a country that is struggling to emerge from recession and whose athletes are in a difficult situation, with little help. :cry:

I'll remind the world champions we have had in recent years;

- Fatima Galvez (Shooting, Trap)
- Alberto Fernández (Shooting, Trap)
- Echegoyen / Betanzos (Saling, 49er FX)
- Javier Gomez Noya (Triathlon)
- Carolina Marin (Badminton)
- Miguel Angel Lopez (Athletics, Race Walk)
- Female Waterpolo
- Men's Handball
- Joel González (Taekwondo)

---

And many other world runners-up and bronze medal. ¿Is this a 0.00000001%?

Regards

I didnt show disrespect anywhere, i didnt say that its bad that Spain won more than 5 golds, but before the start of the games it was more than unrealistic for Spain to win 5 golds or more, just accept that you got extremely lucky and wont repeat this result in 4 years.

About your list:

Your mens handball team and Javier Gomez didnt even compete here, so they dont count.

Your womens water polo team NEVER had a chance to win the gold, its ridiculous to think that they ever had a chance to win the gold.

In general it doesnt make any sense to count all those athletes who became world champions in the last couple of years, at best you could count those athletes who were defending world champions.

Before the start of the games only Marin and Belmonte (womens 200 fly) were favorites for gold, your gold medal winners in canoeing sprint couldnt be considered gold medal contenders, its a huge surprise that you won not only one but two golds in canoeing sprint.

Lopez/Nadal got very lucky, because Wawrinka/Federer had to whitdraw, otherwise it would have been very unlikely for them to win the gold.

No one could seriously consider Beitia a gold medal contender and before the start of the games no one would have thought that 1.97 m would be enough to win the gold.

Only your two shooters, your womens 49er, Gonzalez, Chourraut and maybe Lopez could be considered gold medal contenders, but none of them was the favorite to win the gold. In my opinion 3 gold medals wold have been a very good result for Spain and the probability of your country winning 7 golds was definitely below 1%.

I would put it like this:

3 golds for Spain = lucky

4 golds for Spain = very lucky

5 golds for Spain = extremely lucky

6 golds for Spain = once in 10.000 years

7 golds for Spain = probability of Germany sweeping mens and womens marathon medals in Rio

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.