website statistics

Shooting Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

3 hours ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Why Karsch? How about Munkhbayar Dorsjuren? She and Karsch share the highest score among the women in the air pistol.

1) Karsch is better looking!

2) Karsch is clearly better ranked in womens 25 m pistol and only 1 place behind Dorjsuren in womens 10 m air pistol.

3) Karsch is clearly younger

4) Dorjsuren already competed at multiple olympic games, unlike Karsch.

5) Dorjsuren won her last international medal in 2013, Karsch won 2 golds and one silver medal in 2014 and one bronze medal in 2015.

In the end DSB (german shooting federation) wont just pick one of them, if we get a spot in womens air pistol or womens 25 m pistol. There will be a competition for that spot and the winner will be allowed to compete in Rio.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

39 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Karsch is better looking!

2) Karsch is clearly better ranked in womens 25 m pistol and only 1 place behind Dorjsuren in womens 10 m air pistol.

3) Karsch is clearly younger

4) Dorjsuren already competed at multiple olympic games, unlike Karsch.

5) Dorjsuren won her last international medal in 2013, Karsch won 2 golds and one silver medal in 2014 and one bronze medal in 2015.

In the end DSB (german shooting federation) wont just pick one of them, if we get a spot in womens air pistol or womens 25 m pistol. There will be a competition for that spot and the winner will be allowed to compete in Rio.

The first argument is just sad...

13 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

The best solution would be to give Kreutzers quota place to Engleder and Pfeilschifters quota place to Karsch, but that would be unfair. Engleder and Karsch have to be in Rio, everything else would be unacceptable.

There's no quota for Kreutzer. Engleder got the qualification as well. She fulfilled the standards just like all the others did. It's just that the others got the quota a bit earlier, which is why they were mentioned by name here. There's no problem in sending Engleder, who won some big competitions.

On the other hand, sending Karsch might be more problematic, since Karsch or everyone else in her discipline did not win a quota. But I think they should do so, as well.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

10 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

There's no quota for Kreutzer. Engleder got the qualification as well. She fulfilled the standards just like all the others did. It's just that the others got the quota a bit earlier, which is why they were mentioned by name here. There's no problem in sending Engleder, who won some big competitions.

On the other hand, sending Karsch might be more problematic, since Karsch or everyone else in her discipline did not win a quota. But I think they should do so, as well.

Based on the list of quota places earned by the Germans, who among them should keep their berths, who will occupy the places to earn selection to the Olympic team, and who deserves to accept the spot traded by the Germans in one of the qualifying events?

I've already seen the qualifying criteria translated in German, and I'm getting puzzled on the qualifying process. How will the Germans choose the most deserving shooters for the Games?

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

If they were something special they would qualify :lol:

Great argument! :yes

Being 9th in world ranking and the 4th best european probably isnt good enough. Karsch also won the world cup final in 2014, the 2014 world cup in Gabala and the bronze medal at last years european games. In the last 2 years only Zhang and Otryad (top 2 in world ranking) won more gold medals in world cup, but i guess thats also nothing special ...

She has the same problem that Pfeilschifter used to have, she cant compete at her best at the biggest competitions.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Great argument! :yes

Being 9th in world ranking and the 4th best european probably isnt good enough. Karsch also won the world cup final in 2014, the 2014 world cup in Gabala and the bronze medal at last years european games. In the last 2 years only Zhang and Otryad (top 2 in world ranking) won more gold medals in world cup, but i guess thats also nothing special ...

She has the same problem that Pfeilschifter used to have, she cant compete at her best at the biggest competitions.

Last sentece says it all :p

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

Last sentece says it all :p

1) I think being mentally weak makes her something special ...

2) There cant be any doubt that she has the quality to fight for a medal in Rio, but of course you could say that someone who cant stand the pressure at qualification events doesnt deserve to be in Rio and probably also wouldnt be able to stand the pressure at olympic games.

3) There are only 3 athletes in the top 20 of womens 25 m pistol world ranking who didnt win a quota place:

:GER Karsch (9th in world ranking), :GER Dorjsuren (17th in world ranking) and :MAS Azahari (20th in world ranking)

(The number 3 in world ranking from China also didnt win a quota place, but only because China has two other qualified athletes in that event)

That also makes Karsch something special and shows how unlucky Germany got in womens air pistol or you could also call it mental weakness ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

2 hours ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Based on the list of quota places earned by the Germans, who among them should keep their berths, who will occupy the places to earn selection to the Olympic team, and who deserves to accept the spot traded by the Germans in one of the qualifying events?

I've already seen the qualifying criteria translated in German, and I'm getting puzzled on the qualifying process. How will the Germans choose the most deserving shooters for the Games?

There is a national qualification. The best shooters from this qualification will compete at the World Cups in Rio and Munich, where the best and depending on the numbe rof quotas second best will qualify for the Olympics.

If, for example, Engleder qualifies in both rifle events, it's possible that the additional quta place will go to Karsch.

Edited by EselTheDonkey