website statistics

Golf at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Danylove80

hace 10 minutos, DaniSRB said:

Camilo Villegas pulls out because of zika

Not really. He's considering to pull out because he needs points and going to Rio means missing two PGA tournaments. He did mention zika saying that he knows the risks are minimal but it stills could affect a theoretical baby he and his wife are trying to look for but his PGA card is the main reason by far. 

1 minute ago, carivan said:

Not really. He's considering to pull out because he needs points and going to Rio means missing two PGA tournaments. He did mention zika saying that he knows the risks are minimal but it stills could affect a theoretical baby he and his wife are trying to look for but his PGA card is the main reason by far. 

Economical reason.. The same of all other golf players that whitdraw

2 minutes ago, carivan said:

oh, i see now NBC but correction on article's title :d

hace 2 minutos, Gianlu33 said:

Economical reason.. The same of all other golf players that whitdraw

Yep. Tbh, it would really piss me off if he had used zika as an excuse. The stuff he mentions about it it's no different from the goverment warnings (we have it too) but while I don't care if an European or Australian throws Brazil under the bus out of assholery and/or misinformation it would really be a shitty thing for a fellow South American to do. So, at least I can respect he was honest about his reasons unlike some others.

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

New withdrawals

Men

:USA Jordan Speith

:PHI Angelo Que

:KOR KT Kim

:FRA Victor Dubuisson

Spieth using the zika excuse, didn't read about the rest. He can stick his golf clubs where the sun doesn't shine with his excuse. :thumbdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!