Kitty King (Ceylor)

Gemma Tattersall (Billy The Biz)

Isabelle Taylor (Allercombe Ellie)

Jumping

Ben Maher (Tic Tac)

Nick Skelton (Big Star)

John Whitaker (Ornellaia)
Michael Whitaker (Cassionato)

The average age of the jumping team is 51.75. :woot: Ben Maher is 33, but Skelton and Whitaker brothers 55+. Whitaker brothers actually won team jumping medal back in Los Angeles in 1984. John also won medals at the 1980 Alternative Olympics for boycotting nations. These two are like a great piece of history. :)

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

The average age of the jumping team is 51.75. :woot: Ben Maher is 33, but Skelton and Whitaker brothers 55+. Whitaker brothers actually won team jumping medal back in Los Angeles in 1984. John also won medals at the 1980 Alternative Olympics for boycotting nations. These two are like a great piece of history. :)

Interesting, so Maher is in a team with three guys who could easily be his father :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:SWE Sweden Team :SWE 

Eventing

Sara Algotsson-Ostholt (Reality)

Frida Andersen (Herta)

Ludwig Svennerstal (King Bob)

Jumping

Malin Baryard-Johnsson (Cue Channa)

Rolf-Goran Bengtsson (Unita)

Peder Fredricson (All In)
Henrik von Eckermann (Yajamila)

Last member of the eventing team to be selected after Aachen next week, it's between Linda Algotsson, Niklas Lindback and Anna Nilsson presumably.

Dressage team was named earlier.

#banbestmen

:BEL Belgium Team :BEL 

Dressage

Jorinde Verwimp (Tiamo)

Eventing

Karin Donckers (Fletcha van't Verahof)

Joris Vanspringel (Lully des Aulnes)

Jumping
Jerome Guery (Grand Cru van de Rozenberg)

Nicola Philippaerts (Zilverstar)

Donckers and Vanspringel going to their 6th and 4th Olympics, respectively. Philippaerts competed at first YOG in 2010.

#banbestmen

seems that germany has problem with their jumping horses.two of them cornet d'amour (Deusser) and Codex One ( Ahlmann) will be replaced.while for Brooklyn and his cavalier Stevens the olympic dream ends now because he hasn't an horses reserve.

italian source http://www.cavalliesegugi.it/la-germania-costretta-a-rinunciare-a-tre-cavalli-importanti-per-rio2016/

53 minutes ago, stamura84 said:

seems that germany has problem with their jumping horses.two of them cornet d'amour (Deusser) and Codex One ( Ahlmann) will be replaced.while for Brooklyn and his cavalier Stevens the olympic dream ends now because he hasn't an horses reserve.

italian source http://www.cavalliesegugi.it/la-germania-costretta-a-rinunciare-a-tre-cavalli-importanti-per-rio2016/

Unfortunate for Germans, but not that big of a problem in my opinion. Cornet d'Amour and Codex One were in doubt for some time as they are recovering from injury. They are now officially out. Ahlmann's second horse is Taloubet so he really didn't lose that much, it's similar for Deusser who also has very good second horse. As for Mario Stevens, he probably didn't have a chance for selection even with healthy horse.

Here's the link in English btw http://www.worldofshowjumping.com/en/News/No-Rio-for-Cornet-d-Amour-Codex-One-and-Brooklyn.html

#banbestmen

EQUITATION :FRA

Femmes
BRIEUSSEL Stéphanie Dressage équipe et indiv VERNEUIL DRESSAGE (27)
TEBAR Karen Dressage équipe et indiv HARAS DE CHAMPCEUIL (91)
LEPREVOST Pénélope Obstacle équipe et indiv JUMP NORMAND (14)

Hommes
LEMOINE Mathieu Complet équipe et indiv ASSO CONCOURS MAURICE BESSON (45)
LAGHOUAG Karim Complet équipe et indiv ECURIE KARIM LAGHOUAG (28)
NICOLAS Astier Complet équipe et indiv PONEY CLUB DE LA NOE (61)
VALLETTE Thibaut Complet équipe et indiv IFCE SAMUR (49)
BOST Roger-Yves Obstacle équipe et indiv HARAS DES BRULYS (77)
DELESTRE Simon Obstacle équipe et indiv CE DE SOLGNE (57)
STAUT Kévin Obstacle équipe et indiv ACSOF (92)
HENRY Ludovic Dressage équipe et indiv CENTRE HIPPIQUE ISLE ADAM PARMAIN (95)
VOLLA Pierre Dressage équipe et indiv ECURIES BESNARDEAU EPERON DU HAUT
FOREZ (42)

Am 15.6.2016 um 11:34 schrieb dcro:

In dressage Germany is the favorite for gold, especially after the form their riders shown at the German championships. As in most sports, World rankings are not the best reference. :evil: The key of German favoritism are the young horses that are really coming through this year. Werth will ride a younger horse which is actually better than her injured ones. They also have Dorothee Schneider & Showtime and Sonke Rothenberger & Cosmo as the shooting stars with young horses. Sonke is actually the son of Sven Rothenberger, who "deflected" from Germany to Netherlands in the 90s and actually won a couple of Olympic medals for your nation :p Great Britain should be the second best. Charlotte Dujardin & Valegro dropped from the top of World ranking only because they didn't compete since the Europeans last August. They also have Fiona Bigwood & Orthilia who are going very well lately.

As for Netherlands, I don't see them winning anything more than a bronze, and even that could be a problem. Edward Gal competed only once this year with Undercover, and Undercover was so tense that he almost jumped out of the arena in that competition. A lot of people are saying that the horse lost his confidence in the arena after being eliminated at the Europeans last year. And just this week, it was announced that Gal withdrew from the 1st (out of 2) Dutch selection event. " The KNHS has not disclosed that proving form at just one show can suffice for team selection." There are also some rumors that Diederik van Silfhout's horse is struggling with fitness. So it seems that Dutch team might very well depend on Adelinde Cornelissen & Parzival scores once again. Although it's never good when you have to depend on "grandpa" horse, who is already 19-years old. Considering how well USA (and Sweden) are going this year, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Dutch miss out on the team medal. USA's chances were especially boosted by Kasey Perry-Glass & Dublet, who stunned everyone in their first ever competition in Europe.

In eventing Germany is the favorite, following the tradition of recent years. They should be followed by New Zealand, Great Britain, USA, France and Australia. Saying that, Netherlands has overperformed at some recent championships so maybe they can do it again.

Traditionally, jumping is the least predictable of the three. USA, Germany, France, Netherlands and Great Britain are the big five I guess. American guy McLain Ward is looking very good this year. But we mustn't discount Switzerland, Brazil, Canada and the World selection team called "Ukraine". Yep, Ukraine's new addition to the team is Ulrich Kirchoff, German guy who won both jumping gold medals in Atlanta in 1996... Ukraine is the Azerbaijan of equestrian World, a disgrace. Their team for Rio will likely be made of two Germans, one Brazilian and one Hungarian.

Amazing! You are really the Totallympics equestrian expert.

About Rothenberger: He is really an interesting person. He is 21 years old, 1.90m tall and BOTH his parents (Sven and Gonnelien) won silver for the Netherlands at 1996 olympics. Do you really think that we can beat GB, i dont think that we have a realistic chance and i think our riders got overscored at the german championships ...

It would be amazing if we could win gold without Langehanenberg, Rath and the best horse of Werth.

Do you think someone can beat Dujardin if she doesnt make huge mistakes? Would you say that Werth and Sprehe are the favorites for silver and bronze?

About eventing: For me it would be a huge shock if we wouldnt win the team gold and i honestly also expect gold and silver in the individual event. 

About jumping: I think you are right about the favorites, but you really shouldnt forget Switzerland, i feel that they will win a medal, although i hope that i am wrong, i dont want to see Guerdat winning a medal. I hope that someone can finally stop the Netherlands but i dont think this will happen, they will win gold again. At the moment i see gold for the Netherlands and silver/bronze for 2 out of Switzerland/France/USA. On paper the french team seems to be the strongest, so i would predict them to win silver. Do you know how Ukraine got all those foreign athletes to compete for them? Would any of the german riders have been good enough to make the german team?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb stamura84:

Very sad for Ahlmann, he was in such a good shape recently. In the end we wouldnt have won a medal anyway, so this probably wont change much. I am also sad that Krieg and probably also Meredith wont make the team. We always compete with Beerbaum, Deußer, Ehning, Ahlmann and never win anything ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.