Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

1,012 posts in this topic

I love how some sports federations are trying to geoblock viewiers from some countries from their broadcast on youtube because they sold the rights to some tv  channel :roflmao:

 

For example in theory FIVB broadcasts all women's OQT games live on youtube, but they are geoblocked in many countries. The Result? There have been like 5 additional live streams of the previous match Netherlands-South Korea, one of which had at one point about 8k viewers, whike the official one had at the same time about 3k :roflmao:And there as I said have been a few other streams... so basically they didn't only create larger audience for the TV transmission, they did not make profit either from a wider audience watching on Television, or on their channel where they could have had like four times more people watching, either. They just helped to create a bunch of pirated streams :)

 

I know that's probably part of their deal with television, but they really should have learned something by now :d

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in a non-sports-related news:

 

Portugal runs for four days straight on renewable energy alone

Zero emission milestone reached as country is powered by just wind, solar and hydro-generated electricity for 107 hours

 

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/18/portugal-runs-for-four-days-straight-on-renewable-energy-alone

 

Had to share this! :d

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The protests in France are getting out of hand. Could it be another big problem before the Euro?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the time to follow the italian election results. I hope that the left will win in all big city. This election will be critical for Rome 2024 bid: if the right party (Marchini or Meloni :sick:) or the populist party (Movimento 5 stelle whit Raggi) will win we can say goodbay to our dream. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's the time to follow the italian election results. I hope that the left will win in all big city. This election will be critical for Rome 2024 bid: if the right party (Marchini or Meloni :sick:) or the populist party (Movimento 5 stelle whit Raggi) will win we can say goodbay to our dream. 

do you considerer yourself socialist or socialdemocrat?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, konig said:

do you considerer yourself socialist or socialdemocrat?

I'm a moderate communist :p 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm a moderate communist :p 

well in politics we wont have much in common, im liberal :p, i acept your "right" is particularly bad, Berlusconi is a good example of that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, konig said:

well in politics we wont have much in common, im liberal :p, i acept your "right" is particularly bad, Berlusconi is a good example of that.

Wait a moment :p For some reason i am liberal too. I have a very compless political thought. I am agaist all racist form (religion, sex orientament, race or other). In Italy actually I haven't a candidate with my own ideas.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 2 minutos, Gianlu33 said:

 

Wait a moment :p For some reason i am liberal too. I have a very compless political thought. I am agaist all racist form (religion, sex orientament, race or other). In Italy actually I haven't a candidate with my own ideas.. 

 

Konig uses "liberal" in a different sense than you do, he would be what in Europe you call a "conservative". Like Merkel, Rajoy, Cameron, etc

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/5/2016 at 05:25, kungshamra71 said:

And in a non-sports-related news:

 

Portugal runs for four days straight on renewable energy alone

Zero emission milestone reached as country is powered by just wind, solar and hydro-generated electricity for 107 hours

 

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/18/portugal-runs-for-four-days-straight-on-renewable-energy-alone

 

Had to share this! :d

 

Excellent news!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LDOG said:

 

Konig uses "liberal" in a different sense than you do, he would be what in Europe you call a "conservative". Like Merkel, Rajoy, Cameron, etc

well for me liberal and conservatives are two parts of the"rigth" but it isnt the same: the conservatives are who sostein the traditional values, the liberals sostein the free market and the state has the less intromition in your live, for example with low taxes.

In my particular case, im closer with the austrian liberal school of Ludwig Von Misesand and Friedrich Hayek, the comunism and fascism are two strong forms of statism, and the socialist, socialdemocrats etc etc are anothers forms of statism, "ligth form".

you probably will laugh but for us the kirchnerism was a very statism form of goverment (for me comunist but its my opinion) and Macri and his goverment is closer the same,a socialdemocrat goverment but with a big statism too.

when somebody call our goverment like "liberal" or inclusive conservative, i always think ¿where?, ¿for what?

Edited by konig
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, konig said:

well for me liberal and conservatives are two parts of the"rigth" but it isnt the same: the conservatives are who sostein the traditional values, the liberals sostein the free market and the state has the less intromition in your live, for example with low taxes.

In my particular case, im closer with the austrian liberal school of Ludwig Von Misesand and Friedrich Hayek, the comunism and fascism are two strong forms of statism, and the socialist, socialdemocrats etc etc are anothers forms of statism, "ligth form".

you probably will laugh but for us the kirchnerism was a very statism form of goverment (for me comunist but its my opinion) and Macri and his goverment is closer the same,a socialdemocrat goverment but with a big statism too.

when somebody call our goverment like "liberal" or inclusive conservative, i always think ¿where?, ¿for what?

 

I think the reason of that may be that you are not really liberal, but libertarian. And fortunately that won't ever exist in a culture like ours which has a strong concept of collectivism. Just a few wackos like you or Jose Luis Espert thrown around :d (no offense)

 

Also Macri isn't anything, he doesn't have any ideology or plan. Calling him liberal or socialdemocrat or anything is thinking too highly of his or his team's intelectual capacity. He's just a product of marketing who has some blurred, scattered, ideas about economy/government and practicises them erratically even though many are contradictory to each other. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, LDOG said:

 

I think the reason of that may be that you are not really liberal, but libertarian. And fortunately that won't ever exist in a culture like ours which has a strong concept of collectivism. Just a few wackos like you or Jose Luis Espert thrown around :d (no offense)

 

Also Macri isn't anything, he doesn't have any ideology or plan. Calling him liberal or socialdemocrat or anything is thinking too highly of his or his team's intelectual capacity. He's just a product of marketing who has some blurred, scattered, ideas about economy/government and practicises them erratically even though many are contradictory to each other. 

 

i cant be ofend, is like you say: we are a very few persons, even we fail when we want to make the liberal libertarian party, we dont have enough people to exist.....ironicaly, we are like the "Troskos" in being a minority wich never obtein more than a few congresman.

i cant defend Macri but some of his team is interesting for me, in all the other things you say, i  agree.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

 

Today I went to the "open days" of the Dutch air force, which always has a rather big air show. Guess what, one of the demo's/shows was done by a Slovak air force MiG-29 and it was an awesome one :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now