Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

2,185 posts in this topic

in 16 March the world ranking of this forum was 263.468 and today it's 297.089

no improve it's the opposit:dunno:

fd5b46fec86f30629ef5afc440d1aaff.jpgbf5d758edd8cc338e63db304c30c65d8.jpg

11 minutes ago, bestmen said:

the Irakian architect Zaha Hadid has died today :cry:

Wow, and I was just reading today about her proposal for Tokyo 2020 Olympic stadium. :( It wasn't accepted because it was too expensive.

3032790-poster-ptokyo.jpg

Just now, dcro said:

Wow, and I was just reading today about her proposal for Tokyo 2020 Olympic stadium. :( It wasn't accepted because it was too expensive.

yes she did  many perfect futurist projects around the world

0f21811d0026a9bc2dffe7f14ad455e6.jpg

e89e06d0989b7e5a26431f9a73b16d95.jpg

On 31/3/2016 at 10:33 PM, bestmen said:

yes she did  many perfect futurist projects around the world

0f21811d0026a9bc2dffe7f14ad455e6.jpg

e89e06d0989b7e5a26431f9a73b16d95.jpg

Salerno Marittimal Terminal :lol: 

Today it's referendum day here in the Netherlands, where we can vote for or against the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine%E2%80%93European_Union_Association_Agreement

Probably the result will be a clear "No/Against", but probably the government won't give a damn and simply sign the Agreement anyway :facepalm:

the newest Infostrada predictions...updated as of April 5th, 2016

Slovakia 23rd :roflmao: 4 gold - 1 silver - 3 bronze so a total of 8 medals = IMPOSSIBLE !

Golds for Sagan (Road race) and Erik Varga (Trap) will be hard to win, ok, I assume both are among the favorites for a medal but sincerely I don´t see them win it. Matej Tóth (50km Race Walk) the gold will be hard too against Diniz, Heffernan and the new british guy don´t remember his name right now, but the medal is quite realistic anyway. The only one I agree is our canoe-sprint K4.

Silver is out of discussion because Zuzana Štefečeková (Trap) will not compete, as I already announced it here many times, she is pregnant and she decided to skip Rio.

Bronze medals for Matej Beňuš in canoe slalom C1 is realistic, but I hope and expect gold. No excuse here, we count only gold. Danka Barteková (skeet) is possible too, but shooting and especially shotgun is unpredictible sport you can win the race but also you can next day finish last, so it´s all about the day D. the bronze for canoe sprint K2 Vlček-Tarr will be hard to reach too, they will focus mainly for the K4, so I don´t expect a real medal fight in the K2.

here the link

I don't know where I should wrote this (I think that we don't have thread for such things, at least yet :d) but today is 120th anniversary of first modern Olympic Games

Happy Birthday Olympic Games! :toast:

175px-Athens_1896_report_cover.jpg

12932579_10154527970790329_2177476687618 

Infostrada predicting Gatlin to win the 100 metres. What can i sell for that to happen! :d That alone can make the Olympics for me. 

Just now, Federer91 said:

Infostrada predicting Gatlin to win the 100 metres. What can i sell for that to happen! :d That alone can make the Olympics for me. 

Although I would slightly prefer him tripping over his own legs and falling face-down in the dirt in the heats :d 

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Although I would slightly prefer him tripping over his own legs and falling face-down in the dirt in the heats :d 

You had it your way last year, so this time it's mine. :pope::d

48 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

You had it your way last year, so this time it's mine. :pope::d

Oh no, Bolt also isn't necessarily my way :d 

I'd be fine with De Grasse or Collins in his 120th Olympics. Apart from that I'm usually not a big fan of sprinters anyway, they're way too "arrogant" and with this whole attitude of "look at me, I'm awesome". No thanks :p