website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

3 horas atrás, hckosice disse:

I don´t think it s even possible :lol:

btw this guy is from my city :d and he speak 19 languages, also portuguese, you can say me if his pronounciation is fine, also same question for the serbian, italian, spanish etc users :lol:

Yeah, just like I thought, this is BRAZILIAN Portuguese :p  :BRA

(there are much more brazilian portuguese speakers so it's normal that at many places, when I see things in Portuguese, they are in Brazilian Portuguese :))

Portuguese (from Portugal) is quite different in accent, and I believe it's a bit harder for foreigners than the Brazilian version.

In any case, I think his Brazilian Portuguese was quite good! :d

Edited by kungshamra71

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

btw this guy is from my city :d and he speak 19 languages, also portuguese, you can say me if his pronounciation is fine, also same question for the serbian, italian, spanish etc users :lol:

As usual, people trying to learn lots of languages for some reason never try learning danish or swedish :(

34 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

(there are much more brazilian portuguese speakers so it's normal that at many places, when I see things in Portuguese, they are in Brazilian Portuguese :))

Portuguese (from Portugal) is quite different in accent, and I believe it's a bit harder for foreigners than the Brazilian version.

That's what I thought when I heard it, maybe that's why I liked his Portuguese :p (I very much prefer the Brazilian Portuguese...no offense :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

That's what I thought when I heard it, maybe that's why I liked his Portuguese :p (I very much prefer the Brazilian Portuguese...no offense :d )

Hahaha, it's ok, I would have guessed that from your profile avatar :p  Besides, I admit the Brazilian Portuguese is easier to understand (we say that they speak with "open mouth", while we here speak with "closed mouth") so maybe that makes it more likeable for foreigners :) 

I think the only people I met who prefered the "original" Portuguese were the ones that had been here visiting the country :d

44 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Hahaha, it's ok, I would have guessed that from your profile avatar :p  Besides, I admit the Brazilian Portuguese is easier to understand (we say that they speak with "open mouth", while we here speak with "closed mouth") so maybe that makes it more likeable for foreigners :) 

I think the only people I met who prefered the "original" Portuguese were the ones that had been here visiting the country :d

Back in 2009 when I was travelling to Brazil, I went from Brussels to Lisbon to Brasilia and I remember thinking "you're talking weird" when one of the airport people in Lisbon said "bom dia" in the Portuguese way instead of the Brazilian way :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 horas atrás, kungshamra71 disse:

His portuguese is almost perfect :yikes:

And that's because he don't consider as one of his best languages. Man, I wish I could speak fluently 3 or 4 languages, let alone 19.

Interesting enough, he says in the video he talks with a friend in Guinea Bissau, so maybe he got some influences from him :mumble:

On 6/9/2016 at 22:59, hckosice said:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::crazy::bowdown:

if you click on his account you´ll see the one for each country.

Hide contents

the one for SVK. My dear. :bowdown:

perfect slovak spelling, big respect! this is really not easy if you don´t speak slovak.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Wow!

Feels like a medley of pop song :lol: (coz I'm really into national anthems)

On 7/9/2016 at 22:21, hckosice said:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

My goodness.. His Mandarin Chinese is absolutely better than me (which is a shame since I'm from Chinese descent)

And even he speaks Taiwanese! Not much "x speaks y language" videos features Taiwanese, it's funny to hear a language that I use quite often with my family members being spoken by a foreigner. And somehow he has the "middle-aged man speaking style" in certain parts of his speech :lol:

He said. "Počeo sam da je ćitam kada sam stigao kuci." He is great :d:yes

and word takođe :d (7:02 in video). He said tako(?)e. After a long time I heard this non-existent letter ( I can't write because I don't know how to write) :lol::clap:

But you are right for č and ć, not only for Croatians. In other countries also people have "problem" with this.

Edited by dareza