Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

NikolaB    79

Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain

Edited by NikolaB

Jur    31

Well, that hurts.

I mean, the same parliment has said it's ilegal, but they don't hurts. Catalonya is now independent.

So now the waiting game starts, would any other country legitimaze them? (I mean, except Venezuela, of course)

NikolaB    79

I really hope that Spanish government will act responsible and avoid military conflict with Barcelona

• Like 1

Jur    31

Well I really don't think we are going to take the army to the streets.

I mean all the people voting yes today will end up in jail because it was ilegal. So then is going to be how Catalonyan pro-independence people react to that. In their world they are a independent country, but in reality the goverment is aproving one of the laws in the spanish constitution that's going to allow to the goverment to take control of Catalonya, disolve their parlament and make elections this January.

Jur    31

And now the 2018 Mediterraean Games are going to be held in a country that's not compiting :lol:

NikolaB    79
13 minutes ago, Jur said:

Well I really don't think we are going to take the army to the streets.

I mean all the people voting yes today will end up in jail because it was ilegal. So then is going to be how Catalonyan pro-independence people react to that. In their world they are a independent country, but in reality the goverment is aproving one of the laws in the spanish constitution that's going to allow to the goverment to take control of Catalonya, disolve their parlament and make elections this January.

In our reality Kosovo is Serbian southern province, but in real world..... 

European countries started all this mess after recognision of ilegal independence of Kosovo. 

The question is, is Basque country is next?

• Like 1

bestmen    350

the Senate has approved in Madrid, Article 155 which allows the trusteeship of the region

so Catalonia is not independant

bestmen    350
2 hours ago, konig said:

My parents are now in Spain and they will visit Catalonya soon :facepalm:, a year ago with this travel plan and this happen just in this time.

my situation here is much worse , i bought my airline ticket for barcelona 1 week ago , i paid the hotel and everything :lol:

• Sad 1

LDOG    210

^You sure do travel a lot for being just an 17 year old (according to your profile). What are you, the Richie Rich of Algeria or something?

• Haha 2