website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

22 hours ago, bestmen said:

who is obese in this forum , say the truth 2018-01-12_10-41-23.jpg.261d94c5836c63aa322d4e3a1cc61a07.jpg

PFWq.png

slightly overweight though I've lost almost 5 kilos this year and am expecting to go down to normal weight (in BMI) before the end of the year.

Edited by Agger

I have one question

In your country, when you are happy and celebrate some happy event (let's say bithday, wedding) do you celebrate only with cheerful and happy songs (songs that tell about happy events and feelings) or you also play sad songs?

39 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

I have one question

In your country, when you are happy and celebrate some happy event (let's say bithday, wedding) do you celebrate only with cheerful and happy songs (songs that tell about happy events and feelings) or you also play sad songs?

All happy songs here, never a sad song, why the question?

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

I have one question

Birthdays here are usually not really celebrated with songs, but if someone hosts sort of a 'party', I can imagine there is some music in the background. Nothing specific though, generally speaking (of course there's always people doing it differently) :p 

About a wedding, I don't really know, never been to a wedding :lol: But I'm guessing it's mostly happy music, or some love songs.

About the mother of all sad events, a funeral, I think it depends on the situation. At my grandma's funeral a little over a year ago, there was no special service inside a church or something, it was all around the grave, and there wasn't really music there. On the other hand, when a cousin of mine got cremated early this year (found out he had cancer at the end of November, died on 1 January, leaving a 10-year old daughter, the world is cruel), I wasn't there (not so close to him) but I heard they played some 'nice' music, like Hotel California.

Which brings me to another question (for everyone): have you guys and girls ever thought about the music you would like to have played at your funeral/cremation/farewell service? I know some people here are like "oh my god I don't even wanna talk about that", which I never understand, because why not simply make sure that your wishes for your farewell service (even if that's 50+ years from now) are written down? You never know what can happen. I once said jokingly that I would like Lordi's "The Devil is a Loser" played at my funeral, although I don't think everyone in my family would appreciate that :whistle:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, DaniSRB said:

i would never expect such a question haha :d neither thought of it :d

Ask random questions and you get random questions shot right back at you :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, DaniSRB said:

How come you never were at wedding? :d

Because nobody close to me got married :lol:

- Parents: married before I was born

- Aunts/uncles: same thing

- Cousins: not married yet mostly, although one did but I was too young to go there

- Friends: Either not married, or in the case of former school friends who did get married, lost contact long ago

Who knows, the very first wedding I attend in my life could realistically be my own :d