website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

14 minutes ago, bestmen said:

how are things in Ireland :mumble:

already 2 deads

OFIs.jpg

3 dead, 365,000 homes without power.... national emergency declared and all public services and almost all places of employment are closed across the whole island. Schools will remain closed tomorrow.

I am returning to Ireland by ferry tomorrow morning from Scotland. Hoping it won't be cancelled as the storm is coming this way tonight.. It's worse not being at home during this in a way, you feel the worry more when you aren't there and just relying on updates. The storm is expected to hit my home place in the next hour so am keeping in contact with family to see how things are.

Edited by OlympicIRL

43 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

3 dead, 365,000 homes without power.... national emergency declared and all public services and almost all places of employment are closed across the whole island. Schools will remain closed tomorrow.

I am returning to Ireland by ferry tomorrow morning from Scotland. Hoping it won't be cancelled as the storm is coming this way tonight.. It's worse not being at home during this in a way, you feel the worry more when you aren't there and just relying on updates. The storm is expected to hit my home place in the next hour so am keeping in contact with family to see how things are.

Oh dear :(

Hope everything will be ok for you and your relatives, buddy !