website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

wsss-changchun-2018.jpg

I thought it might be good to have a general chat thread, just for all kinds of stuff and for some general talk :p

We didn't have it on the old forum, often resulting in these kind of things ending up in all kinds of other threads :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Good morning, afternoon and evening :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Who frequently edits the Wikipedia pages related to Olympics, especially on the NOC pages for the upcoming Games? A user named Sportsfan 1234 harassed me about my updates on bolding the numbers, and that user kept on warning me more than anybody else pertaining to the issue. I may ask you guys a question. Is it appropriate to use the ff. models for the infobox country template on the number of competitors? 

For example: Aruba at the 2016

Competitors     4 in 1 sport (Sportsfan 1234 assumed that it does not follow the MOS)

Competitors     4 in 1 sport (bolding on the number of sports has been disregarded)

Competitors     4

No. of Sports    1

i want to say something : i'm into other sites/forum and they orgagnize many things in the same time it's cool , they are very dynamic

in this forum everything is long heavy for example in the songs contest users need 2 month for register , 6 month for choose one song 6 month for posting the votes ...etc  it's very slow  , i wanted to organize it they told me "you have to wait the next year" :lol: and it's the same thing with predictions and other threads ...

look at the ranking of this forum maybe it's the last one in the world :

fd5b46fec86f30629ef5afc440d1aaff.jpg

if you want long life for this forum  people should change their mentality and become dynamic  , some users are online during the week and they post nothing no thread no words

When talking specifically about the song contests, it's "slow" because it's a general pattern to follow. I mean, the "real" Eurovision Song Contest also doesn't happen every week :p

Apart from that, I agree with you. I remember once asking if I could open a cyclo-cross thread because talking about cyclo-cross in the road cycling thread was just making no sense at all. The answer was something like "After 1 January we will look at the possibilities"....like the world would suddenly be different at 1 January :d 

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

When talking specifically about the song contests, it's "slow" because it's a general pattern to follow. I mean, the "real" Eurovision Song Contest also doesn't happen every week :p

Apart from that, I agree with you. I remember once asking if I could open a cyclo-cross thread because talking about cyclo-cross in the road cycling thread was just making no sense at all. The answer was something like "After 1 January we will look at the possibilities"....like the world would suddenly be different at 1 January :d

it was one example and LOL orgagnize eurovision needs much time /money selecting songs/clip in each country the hall  ...etc.. but here you can do everything by  few click  in few minutes:d

and yes they say that after 1 january the next month the next year in 2019...etc :lol: this forum will never improve like that ,in other sites they do much effort

Edited by bestmen

I honestly don't see a problem :)

For the song contests, I think is normal for the long waits, due to: trying to reach the maximum number of participants (not eveyone is here all the time); giving time for choosing a song to send (this will take time depending on your available time for it, and on the number of jurys your nation has because you have to reach some agreement); giving time for listening to ALL the songs; to allow the host to organize everything.

I have only been in the previous contest, but I prefer a long wait and then have such a well organized event! :)

And about "no posting", I thing that's proportional to the sport events happening and the interest of the users. In my case, for instance, this year's beggining my only interest was - apart from football in my country's national league and in champions league - in Track Worlds, and the next one in my watch list are the Golf's majors in April (in women and men), so I have nothing to say :p

I expect though that starting this Summer, and with the Olympics getting closer, more activity from everyone will happen :)

I agree that forum should be more dynamic, but also as kungshamra wrote, if I don't have to write anything, then why should I?

If someone likes to write, then let him/her be creative and write about some interesting stuff when there are less (important) sport events or other side activities on the forum. Opening "2012 medalists failed to qualify for Rio" thread is an excellent example how to gain attention.

Besides, I am doing everything in my power to keep tennis subforum alive, 90% of posts are mine lol

Edited by Wanderer

Hello again :d