website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

On 9/10/2017 at 09:55, bestmen said:

she means that she is somewhere in the road   to escaping the storm

Thankully I didn't have to evacuate, but I did lose power for about a day and a half. I got it back Tuesday night, and internet came back yesterday

7 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

I live in a town northeast of Orlando called Deltona, which between here and Tampa is a 2-hour drive.

I find it curious that Americans often talk about how long the drive is from A to B, whereas here we usually talk in terms of distance :p (since a 2 hour drive could be anything from 100-120km to 260km on regular roads here :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

52 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I find it curious that Americans often talk about how long the drive is from A to B, whereas here we usually talk in terms of distance :p (since a 2 hour drive could be anything from 100-120km to 260km on regular roads here :d )

Yeah, we generally place an extremely high value on time. As for actual distance, Tampa is 114 miles (183.5 km) west of my hometown, and that's if you take the interstate.

Edited by dezbee2008

3 hours ago, dezbee2008 said:

Yeah, we generally place an extremely high value on time. As for actual distance, Tampa is 114 miles (183.5 km) west of my hometown, and that's if you take the interstate.

Is there no traffic between Orlando and Tampa?  I can't go anywhere from l.a without encountering serious traffic 

Here We Go Again: Chapter 7264 - Exploding bucket on a tube train in London

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Is there no traffic between Orlando and Tampa?  I can't go anywhere from l.a without encountering serious traffic 

I'm not someone who takes the interstate everyday, but you would find traffic there especially during morning and evening rush hours. Most of the time they are minor, but it's usually because a car had hit a rail.

Not cool, that system with the red X has a 90% chance to form into a hurricane within 48 hours and the Caribbean islands might already get warnings today. That'll either be Lee or Maria, depending on if/when Fourteen becomes a tropical storm.

two_atl_5d0.png

Edited by heywoodu

Here we go again, almost the same islands that were hit by Irma are about to get the full force of Maria today/tomorrow.

053301_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This is 2 hours ago and Maria is still 3-4 hours away from Dominica...this is gonna be a rough day/night for them.