website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

12/15, missed the potatoes, guessed the Narnia thing right and forgot the other two wrong answers :d 

Thanks to hckosice I knew about the castles :p 

And if the Novo Mesto question wouldn't have mentioned Melania Trump I would definitely have said Slovakia because I thought it'd be some sort of Czechoslovak brotherhood between Nove Mesto and Novo Mesto :p 

Good result buddy, but I´m sure you still can do better :d

you´re welcome. yeah we have castles almost in every city and chateaux in almost every village :d some of them are just marvelous, if I can suggest you to visit at least one of them it will be hard to choose only one, but for sure I´ll present you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bojnice_Castle  ,   pictures

or one of the largest castle sites in Central Europe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiš_Castle

and the famous castle where many movies has been filmed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orava_Castle

In slovak it´s Nové Mesto. Hopefully you see the difference :evil:

29 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Very good result. :yes From all questions, I think the hardest should be the Vojvodina official language thing, because not everyone can know that, but for the others I think it´s more or less easy even to guess correctly.

No :p

I honestly don't see how these questions are 'more or less easy to guess correctly' :d 

- Whose declaration of independence on 25 June 1991 was followed by the Ten-Day War?

- World-renowned artist Andy Warhol was born as Andrej Varchola to parents who emigrated to the United States from which country?

- Who was chosen as one filming location of Prince Caspian, the second in The Chronicles of Narnia film series due its resemblance to New Zealand (where the complete first movie was shot)?

- Who is home to the highest wooden altar in the world in the Renaissance church of the medieval town of Levoča?

- Whose major international airport is called Jože Pučnik Airport and has the three-letter code LJU?

- Who is home to the Society for the Recognition of Roasted Potatoes as a Distinct Dish that organizes the the annual World Roast Potato Festival?

- Whose official name in its native language is Slovenská republika?

Varchola sounded Czech to me --> Slovakia

Levoca sounded both Slovak and Slovenian to me

Joze Pucnik, no idea how that sounded

Slovenska, I only knew because you once said it here.

How would I know where a random movie I've never even seen or had any interest in was filmed? :d 

Or how would I know which country has the World Roast Potato Festival? :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Never mind, Just hope you answered the ice hockey question right :d

And the Tina Maze one, those are two questions that will get you kicked out of Totallympics if you have them wrong :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No :p

I honestly don't see how these questions are 'more or less easy to guess correctly' :d 

- Whose declaration of independence on 25 June 1991 was followed by the Ten-Day War?

- World-renowned artist Andy Warhol was born as Andrej Varchola to parents who emigrated to the United States from which country?

- Who was chosen as one filming location of Prince Caspian, the second in The Chronicles of Narnia film series due its resemblance to New Zealand (where the complete first movie was shot)?

- Who is home to the highest wooden altar in the world in the Renaissance church of the medieval town of Levoča?

- Whose major international airport is called Jože Pučnik Airport and has the three-letter code LJU?

- Who is home to the Society for the Recognition of Roasted Potatoes as a Distinct Dish that organizes the the annual World Roast Potato Festival?

- Whose official name in its native language is Slovenská republika?

Varchola sounded Czech to me --> Slovakia

Levoca sounded both Slovak and Slovenian to me

Joze Pucnik, no idea how that sounded

Slovenska, I only knew because you once said it here.

How would I know where a random movie I've never even seen or had any interest in was filmed? :d 

Or how would I know which country has the World Roast Potato Festival? :lol:

okay if you say it this way, it looks less easy now :p

Andy Warhol is most likely the most famous celebrity with slovak descents, also together with Jon Bon Jovi or Paul Newman :d Angelina Jolie´s father had slovak grandparents too (from Košice :p)

Spoiler