website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

37 minutes ago, dcro said:

Here's something for @hckosice :d

Maybe even more for everyone else. :p I got 12/15.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Noldeh/slovakia-v-slovenia

15/15 in  03:17 minutes, this was easy , especially the 2002 ice hockey thing :d

14/15 for me, due to my old age and the fact that for ten years I have been spending my holidays in the former Yugoslavia. Really unbearable the world's ignorance on these beautiful countries and their slavic languages and only because of the alliteration of the two names ... the world got still a long way to go to improve and how can I be optimistic if there are millions of peoples who mix-up SLO and SVK, Arabic and Persian, Shiites and Sunnites, Spanish and Portuguese, Indoeuropean and Afroasian languages, who still believe that languages and dialects can be clearly distinguished and - last but not the least - still think that the Olympic boycotts were useful (this one is the most painful one for an old Olympics lover ...) and fully plausible because ... "the sports are integrally part of our civil life" ?!?

some secrets on  google :

just copy/p these words on google :

1-Do a barrel roll

2- Google gravity , and click the 1rst result  also "google sphere"  also "epic google"

3- Super Mario Bros  , and click on the "?"

4- Zerg Rush

5- festivus

6- tic tac toe, and play

7- <blink>

8- on google image type "atari breakout" click on the 1rst image

9-webdriver torso

10- find Chuck Norris

Edited by bestmen

8 hours ago, Fabinter said:

how can I be optimistic if there are millions of peoples who mix-up SLO and SVK, Arabic and Persian, Shiites and Sunnites, Spanish and Portuguese, Indoeuropean and Afroasian languages

I really don't think that people mixing up Shiites/Sunnites, Portuguese/Spanish or Indoeuropean/Afroasian (heck most people won't even know those two words) is a reason not to be optimistic. Doesn't mean one should be optimistic, but mixing up things isn't the reason. The only reason I even know there are Shiites and Sunnites is because people have been blowing each other up for decades and that's in the news. And yes, for the untrained ear, Spanish and Portuguese definitely sounds alike, just like Japanese, Chinese and Korean would all sound at least somewhat similar to me. People mix up Dutch and German all the time, no reason to be pessimistic about it. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, dcro said:

Here's something for @hckosice :d

Maybe even more for everyone else. :p I got 12/15.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Noldeh/slovakia-v-slovenia

12/15, missed the potatoes, guessed the Narnia thing right and forgot the other two wrong answers :d 

Thanks to hckosice I knew about the castles :p 

And if the Novo Mesto question wouldn't have mentioned Melania Trump I would definitely have said Slovakia because I thought it'd be some sort of Czechoslovak brotherhood between Nove Mesto and Novo Mesto :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks to hckosice I knew about the castles :p 

And if the Novo Mesto question wouldn't have mentioned Melania Trump I would definitely have said Slovakia because I thought it'd be some sort of Czechoslovak brotherhood between Nove Mesto and Novo Mesto :p 

I knew that one too thanks to hckosice. :d

Novo Mesto means "New Town"... So yeah, if there is such brotherhood then pretty much all of the countries in the World are probably in it. :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

15 hours ago, Fabinter said:

14/15 for me

Very good result. :yes From all questions, I think the hardest should be the Vojvodina official language thing, because not everyone can know that, but for the others I think it´s more or less easy even to guess correctly.