website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

By the way, about new users: it doesnt exactly help that all tennis news goes in one tennis thread, all biathlon news goes in one biathlon thread, all road cycling news goes in one road cycling thread and so on. 

It'd be a lot more helpful if certain 'news events' would have their own thread, especially if it's sort of unique news. Like, if there's big news about speed skating but only in Dutch yet, I could translate it and open a thread for it, then link to it in English on social media. Or big news about sport X that's only in media in a country with non-English language Y yet, someone who speaks language Y could translate it (or at least the highlights/main points) and have a thread about it which can be linked and shared in English on social media.

If everything is in all these central threads and any change in that is absolutely impossible 'because it is impossible', there's no reason at all to link to Totallympics on social media. I post pretty much sports news on social media but I only link to Totallympics maybe once or twice a year to give someone an example of something. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Example:

http://totallympics.com/index.php?/forum/23-beach-volleyball/

A beach volleyball subforum, which a beach volleyball fan could see and think "Awesome! Let's see all the fun that's in there!", only to discover that there's literally just four threads in it, with literally just one that could still logically be active. One! An entire subforum for one single thread! Like is the case with most sports. Why not have a subforum for beach volleyball and open a bunch of threads there when there is news, for a tournament, etc? It just doesn't make sense. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm not the one who remembers exactly who all women here are so I can throw water on them (virtually) :evil:

Hide contents

To all women reading this and thinking: "What the hell?", use the search function for something with 'Slovak' and 'water', it's actually kind of fun to see and hckosice gave a good explanation of it :d 

ok, but this you remember :lol:

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

ok, but this you remember :lol:

Of course :d 

Just like I would have remembered if I had read DaniSRB, Bohemia and so on were women, but I had never read it so how could I know? :d 

Nobody has any opinion about the thought of having more active threads intead of throwing down everything in single central threads resulting in a ton of 'subforums' with only one active topic? 

23 hours ago, Bohemia said:

I'm changing the subject but who do you think is going to host the 2024 Olympics between Paris and LA? 

Let's get back to this.

Is LA saying they will take 2028 if the IOC decide to award both 2024 and 2028?

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1051260/los-angeles-concede-2024-summer-olympic-and-paralympic-games-to-paris