website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

So, pretty much as i expected. :d We europeans go with only socks, or slippers inside and it's maybe more common to wear some shoes in the Americas. Wasn't that sure about Western Europe, good to have you guys :p 

Here it is pretty much a rule that you take off your outside shoes when you go inside someones home. Visitors can keep theirs on if only the host tells them to. It is highly inappropriate to go inside someones home with shoes. Of course there are exceptions, such as a technician, or the cable guy, who has to go to many apartments in the building. It would be a real burden if he has to take his shoes in every apartment. :d 

Here usually take off and you usually offer slippers

I walk in home mostly in slippers

Shoes (high heels) i wear at home before going out (at night) so i need to try out everything and practise little in high heels :d

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Well, to lighten the mood, i will ask the quintessential question that has bugged me for some time. :d

Do people really wear shoes inside their homes? Or is it a typical american thing, because i always see americans whether on youtube, or in movies to walk inside their homes with shoes? :d

In Denmark it's rather different from person to person, though nowadays most people ask to not wear shoes inside.

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, pretty much as i expected. :d We europeans go with only socks, or slippers inside and it's maybe more common to wear some shoes in the Americas. Wasn't that sure about Western Europe, good to have you guys :p 

Here it is pretty much a rule that you take off your outside shoes when you go inside someones home. Visitors can keep theirs on if only the host tells them to. It is highly inappropriate to go inside someones home with shoes. Of course there are exceptions, such as a technician, or the cable guy, who has to go to many apartments in the building. It would be a real burden if he has to take his shoes in every apartment. :d 

In Ireland and UK it's the same as in North America :d. The only time I was asked to remove my shoes was when my brother had a new carpet in his new home and he wanted it kept well.... 4 children later and this carefulness soon evaporated :d

I like to kick my shoes off at home because I like to give my poor feet some freedom but there isn't a rule :d

28 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Here even the cable guy take off his shoes :d there no exceptions, even the president can not enter before :lol:

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Here even the cable guy take off his shoes :d there no exceptions, even the president can not enter before :lol:

Didn't know until just now that Slovakia has a president. This question about shoes turns out to be rather educational :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, DaniSRB said:

Shoes (high heels) i wear at home before going out (at night) so i need to try out everything and practise little in high heels :d

Wait, you're not a guy? :yikes:

Spoiler

Yeah I know there are also some guys wearing high heels and no I'm of course not judging them, they should wear what they want, but the fact is a lot more high heel wearers are women than man, which lead to my conclusion :p 

Spoiler

And yeah, I also know that asking a woman 'Wait, you're not a man?' is a bit odd but I think that's mostly if you'd ask that in real life instead of on an anonymous online forum :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

What did you thought that we are a tribe ? ofc we have a president :lol:

giphy.gif

Did you just say we are a tribe? Oooh now you've done it :water: