website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Finally back home...

again a interesting and festive day, with thousands of guys wearing their best festively clothes walking here and there with buckets and plastic bottles :d

Some pics from todays Slovak Easter monday https://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/463921/foto-tradicna-oblievacka-a-sibacka-v-regionoch-slovenska/

and a videoshoot from Bratislava of a slovak news channel http://www.ta3.com/clanok/1103742/sibacka-oblievanie-aj-cokoladove-vajicka-velka-noc-vrcholi.html

So apparently our Algerian friend @bestmen is secretly a British Supersport rider :p

bcddd72907.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Finally back home...

again a interesting and festive day, with thousands of guys wearing their best festively clothes walking here and there with buckets and plastic bottles :d

Some pics from todays Slovak Easter monday https://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/463921/foto-tradicna-oblievacka-a-sibacka-v-regionoch-slovenska/

and a videoshoot from Bratislava of a slovak news channel http://www.ta3.com/clanok/1103742/sibacka-oblievanie-aj-cokoladove-vajicka-velka-noc-vrcholi.html

If you're not Slovak, trust me, this looks really....odd :lol::d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If you're not Slovak, trust me, this looks really....odd :lol::d 

I guess yes, I have one french friend and he came with his girlfriend few years ago to Slovakia and it was during Easter :d and I´ll never forget her face when she realized :d

btw there a video about foreign peoples during a journalist congress, someone showed them a video about this easter tradition and the reactions were ...well.. but really it may look for foreigners really strange maybe even offensive and I don´t know what...but it´s not at all, it´s  really funny and the most important, majority of girls want it. trust me, they even feel offended if you don´t visit them, this is something like a popularity contest for them, the most visited girl is like the most popular...

Spoiler

54 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I guess yes, I have one french friend and he came with his girlfriend few years ago to Slovakia and it was during Easter :d and I´ll never forget her face when she realized :d

btw there a video about foreign peoples during a journalist congress, someone showed them a video about this easter tradition and the reactions were ...well.. but really it may look for foreigners really strange maybe even offensive and I don´t know what...but it´s not at all, it´s  really funny and the most important, majority of girls want it. trust me, they even feel offended if you don´t visit them, this is something like a popularity contest for them, the most visited girl is like the most popular...

Reveal hidden contents

Well I think it's sort of weird (in a fun way) but I see no reason why it should be considered offensive :d 

I guess there's always a few girls who aren't interested in it just like I guess there's always a few guys who aren't interested in it (like in every country there are always exceptions :p ), but if a majority has a fun day with it, what's so bad about it? :d 

54 minutes ago, dcro said:

:lol::lol:

How could you notice that? :d

By watching the British Supersport race on the Eurosport Player? :p 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well I think it's sort of weird (in a fun way) but I see no reason why it should be considered offensive :d 

I guess there's always a few girls who aren't interested in it just like I guess there's always a few guys who aren't interested in it (like in every country there are always exceptions :p ), but if a majority has a fun day with it, what's so bad about it? :d 

yes, nowadays especially in the big cities this tradition is slowly dying...unfortunately.

but in the small cities and villages it´s always alive, we are known that we love and appreciate our traditions, and this one is here for more than 1000 years, it´s one of the few occasions to see all families reunited and celebrate in a funny and festive way easter. Methods vary ba regions ofc, in the east and south-east part where I live it´s still very strong, the boys wake early in the morning, wear festive clothes and meet together to go and visit their girlfriends, girls classmates and female members of their families. Throw cold water (a lot of cold water) and then drink something with the girls, eat some good food, receive awards (some chocolade eggs from the young girls, coloured ribbons from their girlfriends and usually some money from the older womens) at the end of the day the guys are after visiting everyone usually really drunk :d

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yes, nowadays especially in the big cities this tradition is slowly dying...unfortunately.

but in the small cities and villages it´s always alive, we are known that we love and appreciate our traditions, and this one is here for more than 1000 years, it´s one of the few occasions to see all families reunited and celebrate in a funny and festive way easter. Methods vary ba regions ofc, in the east and south-east part where I live it´s still very strong, the boys wake early in the morning, wear festive clothes and meet together to go and visit their girlfriends, girls classmates and female members of their families. Throw cold water (a lot of cold water) and then drink something with the girls, eat some good food, receive awards (some chocolade eggs from the young girls, coloured ribbons from their girlfriends and usually some money from the older womens) at the end of the day the guys are after visiting everyone usually really drunk :d

Hide contents

You seem to be posting much too correct, how come you're not drunk? :d