website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

12 hours ago, LDOG said:

MMA is probably accurate, it's becoming really popular (to my dismay, cuz it's garbage).

Ski is not popular, you guys just live in your european bubble :d

And I agree with Heywoodu, F1 is lower than I thought. Cars in general are popular even in countries without high-profile racers (my country for example).

Skiing is popular, but only in relatively few countries, just like team sports like handball or volleyball, most of the world just doesn't really care :p 

Sports like MMA or F1 have much more of a fan base around the world I think. I like MMA by the way, maybe even better than boxing or judo or wrestling because it has everything :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Even with the ever more increasing streaming sites, torrenting still remains immensly popular around the world and especially in Europe. In absolute numbers, the United States, Russia and India clearly come out on top. All three are good for roughly three billion torrent site visits per year, mostly due to their large Internet populations. However, when we look at the average number of visits per Internet user, it is no surprise that Eastern Europe is heavily represented since the incomes there are way lower then in the West. TorrentFreak had the top 100 countries for 2016, but i will give just the top 30. Germany is the only european nation that isn't in the top 100 from what i read (such good guys) and UK and Italy are relatively lower on the list, but there is heavy blocking of ISPs there, so it's not surprising. 

muso1.png

muso2.png

muso3.png

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Germany is the only european nation that isn't in the top 100 from what i read (such good guys) and UK and Italy are relatively lower on the list, but there is heavy blocking of ISPs there, so it's not surprising.

Dont' worry, Italians found some months ago the way for use the streaming illegal service :p 

Edited by Gianlu33

43 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Even with the ever more increasing streaming sites, torrenting still remains immensly popular around the world and especially in Europe. In absolute numbers, the United States, Russia and India clearly come out on top. All three are good for roughly three billion torrent site visits per year, mostly due to their large Internet populations. However, when we look at the average number of visits per Internet user, it is no surprise that Eastern Europe is heavily represented since the incomes there are way lower then in the West. TorrentFreak had the top 100 countries for 2016, but i will give just the top 30. Germany is the only european nation that isn't in the top 100 from what i read (such good guys) and UK and Italy are relatively lower on the list, but there is heavy blocking of ISPs there, so it's not surprising. 

I wouldn't say "such good guys" about Germany, you're just seriously fucked there if they catch you and they're hunting rather actively :d 

Luckily it still works here, but I guess usenet is the most realistic alternative? I mean, here we don't even have a legal way of watching Game of Thrones, even if you want to pay for it, since HBO stopped their broadcasts here. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!