website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

38 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, from what I heard, Finland might get one cool present from Norway for its 100th birthday next year. :p

019cb254b2.png

?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Oh come on. Everybody knows those are fake. The real one lives in Greenland! :p

Whuuuutttt :rolleyes:

:raspberry:

I must back on "Serbian river beach". For me personally the best one is Štrand, in city of Novi Sad (on river Danube) 

strand-leto-2015-cover.jpg

strand-22.jpg

Horrem-Hordvik%20(NOR)%20-%20Sekerci-Gog

7 hours ago, rybak said:

Next earthquakes, this time in Indonesia and Trinidad and Tobago :( Hopefully @Griff88 is safe :fingers:

I'm fine guys :)

It was at the different island, which was affected by massive tsunami in 2004. The authorities are working to evacuate those who are still trapped in collapsed buildings. Hope everything will be alright

M6.5 earthquake 10km depth, off California's coast this time.

IntensityMapThumbnails.png?t=1481210937

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

No tsunami expected, they're lucky there. It's fairly rare to see an earthquake like that in or near California.

270e165735.png

Another big one, 8.0 (!) off the Solomon Islands...earthquakes these strong are rare and happen on average once per year (worldwide)..

IntensityMapThumbnails.png?t=1481219611

Just now, dcro said:

@heywoodu are you a seismologist by trade? :p Although, asking that, I don't believe earthquakes are an everyday occurance in the Lowlands. :d

No, I'm just interested in them especially since it's so easy to keep track of them with websites like the EMSC :p 

I mean, on websites like that you see literally within 10-15 minutes that something big happened, I find that interesting :d 

We actually have some earthquakes here, but they are mostly due to the search for natural gas in the north and they cause a lot of discussion :p