website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:d 

Don't be too hard, it's just and old dude and like most people in most of the world (let alone China) he has no idea how this whole ice hockey thing works :p 

Apart from that, 550 spectactors is the lowest ever? That's a seriously high number for a "lowest ever" record :yikes:

yes, the first throw was just hilarious :rofl: ..but the correction attempt throw number 2 was even more. I was dead when I saw the faces of the players :lol: they didn´t knew what it´s going on at all...:d

but yes ok, he is old and clearly had absolutely no clue about...but come on, if you are vip and invited and honored to open a match, it´s just the basic thing to search somewhere in the web or just ask hey! what have I do ? to avoid the shame

well, 550 is for a championship which basic idea is to be the main concurrence of the NHL a very very poor number :p

10 hours ago, dcro said:

:SIN Singapore changed their country code for sporting events from SIN to SGP :d

http://mothership.sg/2016/09/singapore-no-longer-known-as-sin-but-sgp-in-sporting-events/

That is freaking annoying :d 

Now I'll always read Singapore's name as "Summer Grand Prix", "Speedway Grand Prix" or even worse, "Staatkundig Gereformeerde Partij", the insanely strict Christian political party here in the Netherlands (not a big party nationally, but nearly the biggest in my little overly Christian town :d ) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That is freaking annoying :d 

Now I'll always read Singapore's name as "Summer Grand Prix", "Speedway Grand Prix" or even worse, "Staatkundig Gereformeerde Partij", the insanely strict Christian political party here in the Netherlands (not a big party nationally, but nearly the biggest in my little overly Christian town :d ) 

Well, they don't want people to think that Singapore is a SIN city. :lol:

#banbestmen

Users from the Balkan nations: I found a book in our garage which is mostly about the conflict in Serbia/Kosovo at the end of the 1990's, you know what I mean. In it, there are some lists of words, like a little dictionary for the users of the book to translate some basic stuff into Serbo-Croatian. Now I'm not much of an expert and internet doesn't provide me with a clear enough answer to my curiousity, so: if I learn a few of those basic words which I found interesting, to who exactly can I say stuff like "Hello" and "Thanks"? :p 

I did notice "Hvala" was in there which I already know is "Thanks" (in Serbian? Not sure exactly, I know ski jumper Jaka Hvala's name means 'Thanks' in some language), but since I didn't know something called "Serbo-Croatian" existed, it got me curious as to how much it's actually used in every day speech :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 4.10.2016. at 14:40, heywoodu said:

Users from the Balkan nations: I found a book in our garage which is mostly about the conflict in Serbia/Kosovo at the end of the 1990's, you know what I mean. In it, there are some lists of words, like a little dictionary for the users of the book to translate some basic stuff into Serbo-Croatian. Now I'm not much of an expert and internet doesn't provide me with a clear enough answer to my curiousity, so: if I learn a few of those basic words which I found interesting, to who exactly can I say stuff like "Hello" and "Thanks"? :p 

I did notice "Hvala" was in there which I already know is "Thanks" (in Serbian? Not sure exactly, I know ski jumper Jaka Hvala's name means 'Thanks' in some language), but since I didn't know something called "Serbo-Croatian" existed, it got me curious as to how much it's actually used in every day speech :p 

Hello is Zdravo and Thanks is Hvala :)

Well, peoples for example before 90 learned Serbo-Croatian in school. It was some like lingua franca. There were 3 forms: ekavski (Serbia), ijekvaski (in Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro and in some part of Serbia ) and ikavski (I think that is some part of Croatia there is still ikvaksi, but Im not sure).

one example: word lepo (nicely): ekavski (lepo), ijekavski (lijepo), ikavski (lipo) :)

Also people from Macedonia and Slovenia understand all of us very well, but we have problem with their languages :lol: I almost don't understand Slovenian :d

Edited by dareza

On 04.10.2016. at 14:40, heywoodu said:

That's how it was called during the Yugoslavian times. But, yeah, people speaking Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian can easily understand each other as there isn't much difference. :p

#banbestmen

I'll get to learn some basic words then, always good to learn a little bit from many languages :p