website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

21 hours ago, dareza said:

Hello is Zdravo and Thanks is Hvala :)

Well, peoples for example before 90 learned Serbo-Croatian in school. It was some like lingua franca. There were 3 forms: ekavski (Serbia), ijekvaski (in Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro and in some part of Serbia ) and ikavski (I think that is some part of Croatia there is still ikvaksi, but Im not sure).

one example: word lepo (nicely): ekavski (lepo), ijekavski (lijepo), ikavski (lipo) :)

Also people from Macedonia and Slovenia understand all of us very well, but we have problem with their languages :lol: I almost don't understand Slovenian :d

ikavski is used in Dalmatia, and also in Herzegovina (BiH) ;)

btw there is also some kind of ekavski form in some parts of Zagreb, Zagorje and others near the border with Slovenia, but they speak it on a completely different way than you Serbs.

Edited by crovitlaci

39 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

ikavski is used in Dalmatia, and also in Herzegovina (BiH) ;)

btw there is also some kind of ekavski form in some parts of Zagreb, Zagorje and others near the border with Slovenia, but they speak it on a completely different way than you Serbs.

yes, I was not 100% sure. But I think ikavski is not grammatically correct. When I used some Croatian literature for college it was always on ijekavski :)

for ikavski for me always was funny this (I heard this from one person): "Jaje je bilo bilo" :d

Edited by dareza

1 minute ago, dareza said:

yes, I was not 100% sure. But I think ikavski is not grammatically correct. When I used some Croatian literature for college it was always on ijekavski :)

for ikavski for me always was funny this (I heard this from one person): "Jaje je bilo bilo" :d

Only ijekavski is grammatically correct, yes.

ekavski, ikavski and ijekavski...this is all more confusing than I had expected :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

ekavski, ikavski and ijekavski...this is all more confusing than I had expected :p 

:d

It's actually (i)jekavski that is grammatically correct in Croatia. :d Some words have -ije some -je.

sv_t. Grammar tests in schools often have this type of questions. And now you have to decide whtether to put ije or je on that line.

Spoiler

Svijet is correct in this instance. :p

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

:d

It's actually (i)jekavski that is grammatically correct in Croatia. :d Some words have -ije some -je.

sv_t. Grammar tests in schools often have this type of questions. And now you have to decide whtether to put ije or je on that line.

Hide contents

Svijet is correct in this instance. :p

I think I'll just stick with my learning of basic Korean for now :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Don't worry, nobody likes this type of question :lol:

But those 3 things are 3 versions of the same language or something like that? :p 

Like some sort of accents, but with a big enough difference to have it's own name? :d (like Dutch-Flemish)

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

But those 3 things are 3 versions of the same language or something like that? :p 

Like some sort of accents, but with a big enough difference to have it's own name? :d (like Dutch-Flemish)

Well, ije/e/i is not the only difference. There are also few different words etc.

#banbestmen