website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

I was only seven when the opening ceremony took place, but it is the first one I vaguely remember. (Obviously I’ve watched it a billion times since, because it’s the best one (maybe besides Rio)). The things I remember most are the outside shots of the swimming contest, Usain Bolt’s first gold medal, and Michael Phelps winning all the time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

29 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I was only seven when the opening ceremony took place, 

Wait, you're 17? :yikes:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

I love OG in Asia because I love watching events at 4am:lol: for personal life reasons it will be more difficult for me to follow 2020 than it was in 2008 but still, i will enjoy those nights falling asleep in the sofa with a rowing race on tv.

This was me at 4am when London rowing races started lol. Woke up to realize I only woke up to see one race. 

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think that might miss the waving flags :(

Don't worry, when you get older, you will be stronger.

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Lovely ceremony. :d

And yes, I decided to leave internet during the past few hours, in order to recreate the 2008 experience to the fullest possible extent. :p

Btw, it's the only ceremony that I have completely rewatched (several times). I can't force myself to rewatch any other. Tried with 2010/2012, but nope. Didn't even try with those after.

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

Lovely ceremony. :d

And yes, I decided to leave internet during the past few hours, in order to recreate the 2008 experience to the fullest possible extent. :p

Btw, it's the only ceremony that I have completely rewatched (several times). I can't force myself to rewatch any other. Tried with 2010/2012, but nope. Didn't even try with those after.

I’ve rewatched London’s at least 10 times, but never Vancouver. I rewatched Sochi a few times, and Rio already 5 at least. My favorite opening ceremony is probably Rio or the 2015 European Games. My favorite opening ceremony moment is the archer at Barcelona 1992, but my favorite caldron is either Rio or Baku again.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Vancouver 2010 is my favorite because of..well, because of everything :d

The biggest emotions (from the Nodar Kumaritashvili tragedy to the absolutely fantastic Hallelujah cover performance) and then the whole games since the first event (Ski Jumping Normal Hill Individual to the very last second of the games and the goal of Sid in the Ice Hockey final.

everything just everything, our first ever Gold medal from winter Olympics since the independence ofc..by Nastya already in the first day of competition, our most successful Winter games in history with 3 medals, 4th place of our Ice Hockey Mens team, participation historic of our womens Ice Hockey team..The absolutely stunning images, landscapes, real winter games. really everything, I can not. It´s stronger than me, Vancouver will be for ever my Number one. from A to Z.