website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Most people probably know google trends service, where you can check the popularity index of almost any word,sentence et for almost each country or region.

As in many places, even here on Totallympics, there have been multiple "most popular sport" lists without basically any information on methodology or where their data comes from exactly, I figured out that using there would be probably not be a better way to test the popularity of sports than to check how many times people actually searched for informations about them, especially since now we can compare up to 5 results.

So I decided to try and compare the popularity of the 5 seemingly most wide-spread Team Sports (Football, Baskeball, Volleyball, Ice Hockey and Handball) and check out the results. :d

I have my doubts ( for example i can't understand why for some countries the poplularity score of 5-10 is shown, while some countries with bigger scores are not shown by default,) and the results  probably include those who just play the sports occassionally with friends and family without taking interest in the official competitions or stuff like "How to start playing XXX?" I think it still gives a pretty decent information about what sport is popular in each country, as the results are "produced" by ordinary people, not some unknown algorithm

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=%2Fm%2F02vx4,%2Fm%2F018w8,%2Fm%2F07_53,%2Fm%2F03tmr,%2Fm%2F03krj

Obviously I am only posting this as a curiosity,probably only the IOC  and the governing federations know what sports are popular and where they have the most fans :d 

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Belgians are mad and jealous :d 

Spoiler

5aed8181d5b64-seeeee.jpg

Translated: "Now that they have a lack of football heroes, half the Dutch are walking around with a huge Tom Dumoulin erection." :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Czech and Slovak fans some 30 minutes before the derby in Copenhagen singing "ČeskoSlovensko" "Czechoslovakia !" :wub: in a fantastic and friendly atmosphere

Hopefully our Czech brothers will have some mercy with their small brothers also tonight, Čechy ! please don´t destroy us :d

On 4/5/2018 at 17:22, bestmen said:

oooooh for the 1rst time the Nobel price 2018 of literature  is rescheduled to 2019 

because of this scandal the jury Jean Claude Arnault and the rape of 18  women 

I dont find any relation between both things.............the political correction, like always.

Adesso, konig ha scritto:

I dont find any relation between both things.............the political correction, like always.

It's happned during a Nobel commission event and he is the husband of a member of the commission. He has also been accused of using Nobel money :evil: