website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, konig said:

Tell the history of why you are a brazilian Biathlon fan.

In steps :p

First I had a Brazilian girlfriend, who later became my ex-girlfriend. Then it was time for the Winter Olympics of 2010 and on the biggest Dutch forum, every year there is the 'support an exotic nation' thread (which I introduced here on Totallympics last year), so naturally I chose Brazil. I did so again for 2014, this time asking athlete Leandro Ribela a couple of questions. A year later I did that again, since he had quite an interesting project ot help children from the favelas (Ski na Rua - ski on the street), I published that on a Dutch website, he posted it on his Facebook and this new Brazilian biathlete (Bruna Moura) suddenly DM'ed me asking if I was an athlete or a fan. That led to her being without a doubt my best friend in the world now, almost 3 years later :)

And since the other young Brazilian biathlete is her best friend (together with me now :d ) and they absolutely always hang out together wherever they can, I'm now friends with both of them and whenever I visit them for a competition (this is the 3rd time) we mostly hang out together with the three of us :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Or, was it: "Are you an athlete or a stalker?" :p

:lol:

Just to clarify: SHE contacted ME, not the other way around (I had only even read her name once as part of Ribela's answers to my interview about his project) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Today were announced the Nominations for Slovak Athlete of the Year 2018

for the first time there any Ice Hockey nominated between the selected 10 individuals and 3 teams

The nominated individuals in Alphabetical order

Peter Gelle/Adam Botek (Canoeing Sprint), Marek Hamšík (Football), Peter Hámor (Mountaineering), Magdaléna Rybáriková (Tennis), Peter Sagan (Road Cycling), Alexander Slafkovský (Canoe Slalom), Ladislav Škantár/Peter Škantár (Canoe Slalom), Veronika Velez-Zuzulová (Alpine Skiing), Petra Vlhová (Alpine Skiing) and Ján Volko (athletics)

The nominated Teams in Alphabetical Order

Under 21 Men´s Football National Team (Football), C1 Men´s Canoe Slalom Team - Martikán/Beňuš/Slafkovský (Canoe Slalom), Mixed Alpine Skiing Team - Velez-Zuzulová/Vlhová/Jančová/Falát/Ad. Žampa/An. Žampa (Alpine Skiing)

The winners will be announced during the awarding ceremony show on Friday 22nd December.

On 12/6/2017 at 16:00, heywoodu said:

In steps :p

First I had a Brazilian girlfriend, who later became my ex-girlfriend. Then it was time for the Winter Olympics of 2010 and on the biggest Dutch forum, every year there is the 'support an exotic nation' thread (which I introduced here on Totallympics last year), so naturally I chose Brazil. I did so again for 2014, this time asking athlete Leandro Ribela a couple of questions. A year later I did that again, since he had quite an interesting project ot help children from the favelas (Ski na Rua - ski on the street), I published that on a Dutch website, he posted it on his Facebook and this new Brazilian biathlete (Bruna Moura) suddenly DM'ed me asking if I was an athlete or a fan. That led to her being without a doubt my best friend in the world now, almost 3 years later :)

And since the other young Brazilian biathlete is her best friend (together with me now :d ) and they absolutely always hang out together wherever they can, I'm now friends with both of them and whenever I visit them for a competition (this is the 3rd time) we mostly hang out together with the three of us :)

Slight but important change since yesterday: I would like to change 'my best friend in the world' to 'my girlfriend' :d :wub:

Edited by heywoodu

today the enormous funeral of Johnny Hallyday in Paris many stars from around the world are there

in live

cérémonie. L’hommage populaire se veut au plus près de Johnny Hallyday.

Marine lepen wanted to be in but the the JOHNNY's family does'nt accept her

here

Edited by bestmen