website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Hold on, there are a lot of different cases. I'm not talking about the ones like Weinstein that have been accused by half the world, but here (I don't know how that's going in other countries) people like actors, directors, TV hosts etc are actually getting fired and seeing their careers destroyed after one single accusation. Not blaming anyone there, but it's a really dangerous situation that people are ruined for life as soon as someone says "He/she did this", even when it's impossible to back that up.

It's good when more people dare to take legal action, but it's not good when people have the power to destroy someone with one sometimes impossible to prove accusation - because just like there are a ton of rich and powerful assholes and bitches who think they can do whatever they want to anyone (e.g. the suspected Weinsteins of this world, possibly most of the accused people), there are also without a doubt assholes and bitches who hold a bad grudge and use something like this to ruin someone's life. 

All in all it's not a simple black and white situation. 

Thanks!!, this is my position too, with Vinipereyra and bestmen haves the political correct and the political incorrect position  in this case, a moderate and realistic one is this.

1 minute ago, konig said:

Thanks!!, this is my position too, with Vinipereyra and bestmen haves the political correct and the political incorrect position  in this case, a moderate and realistic one is this.

I don't think vinipereira has a politically correct position, I do 100% agree with him that victims shouldn't be blamed or something (I mean, think of that idiotic guy on TV in Egypt a while back, who said "it is our duty to rape a woman if she is dressed inappropriatly!", that's just disgusting). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think vinipereira has a politically correct position, I do 100% agree with him that victims shouldn't be blamed or something (I mean, think of that idiotic guy on TV in Egypt a while back, who said "it is our duty to rape a woman if she is dressed inappropriatly!", that's just disgusting). 

Im not saying that but we cant proceeding on the basis thats all the acusations are true and more without evidence.

1 minute ago, konig said:

Im not saying that but we cant proceeding on the basis thats all the acusations are true and more without evidence.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that a lot/most of them are true (simply because it's easy to imagine that there's so many powerful people who think they can do whatever they want), but one can argue that it's getting out of hand when accusations (unproven) within days lead to people being cut out of already finished movies and kicked out of TV/radio stations.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

but why didn't they complain at time , they do it after 5-10 years and more LOL

Because it's not an easy thing to go and take action against, mentally. Or because they didn't believe anything would be done against some powerful person. Or because said powerful person had certain 'friends' that made sure you wouldn't say anything. And so on.

And duuuuuuude, what's with the 10-15 Enters every time? It puts so much empty space in your posts :cry:

image.png.73aeaaed5e38d8fad9a848540b00f39e.png

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Hold on, there are a lot of different cases. I'm not talking about the ones like Weinstein that have been accused by half the world, but here (I don't know how that's going in other countries) people like actors, directors, TV hosts etc are actually getting fired and seeing their careers destroyed after one single accusation. Not blaming anyone there, but it's a really dangerous situation that people are ruined for life as soon as someone says "He/she did this", even when it's impossible to back that up.

It's good when more people dare to take legal action, but it's not good when people have the power to destroy someone with one sometimes impossible to prove accusation - because just like there are a ton of rich and powerful assholes and bitches who think they can do whatever they want to anyone (e.g. the suspected Weinsteins of this world, possibly most of the accused people), there are also without a doubt assholes and bitches who hold a bad grudge and use something like this to ruin someone's life. 

All in all it's not a simple black and white situation. 

I know it's not a simple situation, I was just talking about some cases where there's undeniable proof that the men have done something (in form of recordings, witnesses or even in some cases they confessing the misconduts), but of course there has to be some kind of investigation. I just like that the victims now have the liberty to come forward, so that an investigation happens in the first place. Some time ago their claims were usually completely dismissed. Remember that many men who were accused of sexual assault went on to win Oscars, Grammys and whatnot, so I like the direction this is taking.

Also, while we're talking about Hollywood, we also have to turn our eyes to the world of sports (like Aly Raisman and other gymnasts). This is not an exclusivity of the entertainment business, and it just makes me sad.

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I know it's not a simple situation, I was just talking about some cases where there's undeniable proof that the men have done something (in form of recordings, witnesses or even in some cases they confessing the misconduts), but of course there has to be some kind of investigation. I just like that the victims now have the liberty to come forward, so that an investigation happens in the first place. Some time ago their claims were usually completely dismissed. Remember that many men who were accused of sexual assault went on to win Oscars, Grammys and whatnot, so I like the direction this is taking.

Also, while we're talking about Hollywood, we also have to turn our eyes to the world of sports (like Aly Raisman and other gymnasts). This is not an exclusivity of the entertainment business, and it just makes me sad.

Well in that case, we do agree after all :) 

The list is rather long indeed, from the Weinstein's to Sepp Blatter and Mariah Carey, there hardly are famous people left who aren't accused..