website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

@konig I'm not European, and it has been some time since I "crossed the pond".

I agree with Agger about Prague and Budapest; they're beautiful cities at affordable prices. Also, in my opinion, Rome and Paris are must see cities(even if you don't go this time around) they are a little crowded, but plenty of things to see and do.

Like another person who was a tourist before me, i really apreciate your opinion, what another citys did you visit?

Edited by konig

11 minutes ago, konig said:

Like another person who was a tourist before me, i really apreciate your opinion, what another citys did you visit?

I stayed mostly in Vienna, because I was participating in a moot arbitration competition. It's a nice city, but not a must.

Madrid was very interesting and it has some nice museums, if that's among your or your girlfriend's interest.

I also went to Florence, which again, if you're into renaissance art and architecture, then you have to visit. Finally, Venice has its charm and it's a city you can see in a couple of days.

one thing is very bad/horrible  in europe , the taxi is very very expensive 30-40 euro for few km inside the city , what thiefs

here with less of 0,5 euro the taxi will take you where you want

Edited by bestmen

17 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

@konig Good luck for the plans, sounds really great :)

Since you mentioned Ireland I would highly recommend going out to the west as the scenery is beautiful and with many lovely small towns full of charm. Galway is a beautiful city also and very good from a tourist perspective (maybe @Bohemia is better than me to confirm that as she lived there for a while recently so she can tell you her experience as a traveller to Ireland).

The Ring of Kerry and Connemara are two standout options.

Expense is a factor for a visit to Ireland though as it is a quite expensive country. I agree too with Bohemia about Dublin and advised her about that when she visited Ireland the first time, there are much nicer and charming places  to visit than there but having said that there are many touristic options in Dublin too.... Guinness Storehouse, Botanical Gardens, National History Museum, various museums in fact and the beautiful Trinity College Library which houses the Book of Kells.

https://goo.gl/images/AJYXEh

If you wanted to go to Northern Ireland, the Causeway Coast is a great option with the Giant's Causeway and Bushmills Distillery and Dunluce Castle which I visited when going to the Giro d'Italia a couple of years ago. All very close to Belfast too which has some touristic options such as the Titanic museum.

I can't upload any pics now but you can Google anything if you wish and I'm sure you'll have a thousand times better idea than from me if you'll like something or not. Plus I don't like to say everything is great and then you come here and you're like, meh :d. Expense is a factor to consider and also rain, lots of it :d

Yes, Galway is amazing :d I didn't want to talk about it because when my friends came to see me they were disappointed :lol: (but they loved Dublin XD)

One great thing to do in Connemara is the Sky Road, you have amazing views of the sea (but it's a little damaged road so it's not really made for buses)

And also, a must see, the Cliffs of Moher!

On 10/30/2017 at 13:18, bestmen said:

tonight is Halloween , which disguise you have ?

giphy.gif

No disguise, we don't really have anything with Halloween apart from shops trying to push it through to sell more stuff :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!