website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Another attack... this time in Turku, Finland.

I wonder when Europe will decide enough is enough of this and actually implement steps to preventing it.

The leaders of the EU have no time for it. They're working on the punishment of the V4 because we refused the migrant quota...

Also rather hard is that killings, including stabbings, happen quite often. In these days though, every single smaller 'thing' becomes big news whereas a few years ago nobody would have given two fucks about someone in Finland or the Netherlands or Germany being stabbed in a random place.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Also rather hard is that killings, including stabbings, happen quite often. In these days though, every single smaller 'thing' becomes big news whereas a few years ago nobody would have given two fucks about someone in Finland or the Netherlands or Germany being stabbed in a random place.

That's true (  few years ago in Poland some crazy idiot tried to run over people in Sopot and I don't remember any major outlets actually reporting that) however I think the reason why people talk about the incident in Finland is because of the terrorist acts in Spain.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

5 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

That's true (  few years ago in Poland some crazy idiot tried to run over people in Sopot and I don't remember any major outlets actually reporting that) however I think the reason why people talk about the incident in Finland is because of the terrorist acts in Spain.

Exactly. It's sort of what you see on a 'terror night' like in London a while back: every fart is suddenly being brought onto Twitter and everything as 'explosion reported'. Now that might be true if someone had a particularly bad dinner, but most of the times the extra reports in such a night are nothing out of what you might ordinarily see in any given night. 

With which I don't mean to say there's no problem, obviously, there definitely is and it's not getting any better at all. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

For sure, Visegrad is the shame of Europe :d

Btw, in Dusseldorf is a common criminality

Do you mean EU? Yes, we are scapegoats!

But your politicians also fed up by the migrants. And Austria is fed up with your policy. Hypocrites are everywhere! 

2 minutes ago, lapaj said:

Do you mean EU? Yes, we are scapegoats!

But your politicians also fed up by the migrants. And Austria is fed up with your policy. Hypocrites are everywhere! 

Yep, left, right, everywhere indeed.