website statistics

Track Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Agger

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

That list would be too long and it doesnt belong in this thread, please stop your off-topic. Its sad that you have nothing important to say anymore these days, most of your comments are off-topic and trolling.

I do not mean to go off-topic (and I don't do trolling), Please show me where I do so. I just get sad when nothing impressive can be done without people implying at once that they're doped.

I may or may not be naive, but it really gets tiresome

22 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Haha ... thats exactly what i said when i saw their qualifying time. Its just too obvious and pretty funny how desperate they are to defend their results from 2012. They are a western country, so i guess everyone will be happy ...

So if you were being slandered or libelled you wouldn'the defend yourself? If as you imply it is somehow down to doping how do you think they get away with it given the regularity with which they are tested - and the big stars get tested even more regularly. Even if you somehow believe that the UK anti-Doping authority are in league with British Cycling, if there was anything untoward the British press would be all over it. Their priority has always been selling papers and they don't care who they upset in pursuit of a story.

Because of the way UK Sport funds the Olympic sports  in GB the OG's are the only thing that counts in maintaining that support. WC performances and medals only matter in so far as they contribute to winning Olympic medals. You may not like that focus but that is how the system works and it delivers success at the OG's albeit it sometimes comes at the expense of performances in other competitions.

Of course, it may just be down to the "magical wheels" alluded to by the French in 2012. At least they did until it was pointed out they were produced by the same French manufacturer that they themselves use.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Agger:

I do not mean to go off-topic (and I don't do trolling), Please show me where I do so. I just get sad when nothing impressive can be done without people implying at once that they're doped.

I may or may not be naive, but it really gets tiresome

Sorry, but your comment was obviously off-topic. You either really want a LIST OF ALL ATHLETES WHO ARE CLEAN in the track cycling thread, which clearly would be off-topic, or you dont really expect me to give you a list, then it would be trolling.

Of course people can still do impressive things without me doubting them. I for example celebrated Cancellara here and i will also celebrate Van Niekerk when he wins the 400 m gold. I am just VERY SUSPICIOUS when a country dominates a sport that is 99% about endurance, thats why i am for example very suspicious about dutch speed skating, british cycling or norwegian cross-country skiing. I have no problem with british dominance in general (at least as long as they dont steal any medals from Germany ...), but its just ridiculous that they were miles away from the medals at the last 4 world championships and then suddenly win the gold here, in my opinion it cant get any more obvious.

At 2013 world championships they finished 6th (0.7s behind New Zealand), at 2014 world championships they finished 5th (0.6s behind New Zealand), at 2015 world championships they finished 8th (1s behind New Zealand) and at 2016 world championships, just about 5 months ago, they finished 6th with the exact same team (0.5s behind New Zealand). They werent able to get withing 0.5s of New Zealand's time for more than 3 years and now they suddenly beat them and every other nation ... ? Just ridiculous, i am very sorry for New Zealand. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sorry, but your comment was obviously off-topic. You either really want a LIST OF ALL ATHLETES WHO ARE CLEAN in the track cycling thread, which clearly would be off-topic, or you dont really expect me to give you a list, then it would be trolling.

Of course people can still do impressive things without me doubting them. I for example celebrated Cancellara here and i will also celebrate Van Niekerk when he wins the 400 m gold. I am just VERY SUSPICIOUS when a country dominates a sport that is 99% about endurance, thats why i am for example very suspicious about dutch speed skating, british cycling or norwegian cross-country skiing. I have no problem with british dominance in general (at least as long as they dont steal any medals from Germany ...), but its just ridiculous that they were miles away from the medals at the last 4 world championships and then suddenly win the gold here, in my opinion it cant get any more obvious.

At 2013 world championships they finished 6th (0.7s behind New Zealand), at 2014 world championships they finished 5th (0.6s behind New Zealand), at 2015 world championships they finished 8th (1s behind New Zealand) and at 2016 world championships, just about 5 months ago, they finished 6th with the exact same team (0.5s behind New Zealand). They werent able to get withing 0.5s of New Zealand's time for more than 3 years and now they suddenly beat them and every other nation ... ? Just ridiculous, i am very sorry for New Zealand. 

Okay, maybe it may have been off-topic, but I felt like I had to write something somewhere, because I felt that it's getting too negative and not just suspicious but outright accusing them in a way that you're making it seem like everyone believing something else is foolish. It is by the way funny that you somehow don't find Cancellara suspicious, the way he has been dominating throughout time (I'm not in any way implying that he's doped, but just don't understand how you're thinking).

I will stop here. Just wanted to explain why I'm writing.

If an admin feels that my comment should be deleted, I will not complain one bit.

vor 55 Minuten schrieb Nickyc707:

So if you were being slandered or libelled you wouldn'the defend yourself? If as you imply it is somehow down to doping how do you think they get away with it given the regularity with which they are tested - and the big stars get tested even more regularly. Even if you somehow believe that the UK anti-Doping authority are in league with British Cycling, if there was anything untoward the British press would be all over it. Their priority has always been selling papers and they don't care who they upset in pursuit of a story.

Because of the way UK Sport funds the Olympic sports  in GB the OG's are the only thing that counts in maintaining that support. WC performances and medals only matter in so far as they contribute to winning Olympic medals. You may not like that focus but that is how the system works and it delivers success at the OG's albeit it sometimes comes at the expense of performances in other competitions.

Of course, it may just be down to the "magical wheels" alluded to by the French in 2012. At least they did until it was pointed out they were produced by the same French manufacturer that they themselves use.

Yeah thats probably what british people want to believe, your media has been really hard on Radcliffe, Farah, Froome, Ohurougo, Armitstead, Williams and so on ...

I am not saying that they are doped (again), but there have been rumours surrounding all of them (those who haven been caught) and your media didnt really seem to bother much to be honest. 

Its crazy that you really believe all this, considering all we have learned about Dr. Bonar recently. For me there isnt any reason to think that british athletes are cleaner than russian athletes in average. For me every country that is so desperate about success in sport is very suspicous. So could you tell me why your team was so far off at the last 4 world championships and now wins the gold? Winning a medal at world championships is better than not winning anything right? I guess your team was already focusing on the olympics for the past 2 or 3 years ... thats also the reason why you have been winning many medals in other disciplines (womans omnium/team pursuit) and other sports (athletics, swimming, boxing) ...

There is absolutely no reason why your team wouldnt have wanted to win a medal at the past 4 world championships, but they just werent good enough to do it.

Sorry, but for me there isnt really any point in discussing with you, for me its just too obvious, actually i am even less suspicious about Efimova. 

Edit: About 2012: Yeah, it was a really poor try be the french team, but they couldnt accuse you of doping, because Bauge had been banned before.

I am happy for Hindes (although his cheating in 2012 was extremely embarrassing). He wasnt good enough to make the german team, but now he won his second olympic gold, the british training really seems to work for him ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Agger:

Okay, maybe it may have been off-topic, but I felt like I had to write something somewhere, because I felt that it's getting too negative and not just suspicious but outright accusing them in a way that you're making it seem like everyone believing something else is foolish. It is by the way funny that you somehow don't find Cancellara suspicious, the way he has been dominating throughout time (I'm not in any way implying that he's doped, but just don't understand how you're thinking).

I will stop here. Just wanted to explain why I'm writing.

If an admin feels that my comment should be deleted, I will not complain one bit.

Maybe Cancellara is doped or maybe not, i dont know and i dont care much, i just cant stand to see countries dominating a sport that is 99% about endurance. I dont really care whether athlete X is doped or not, but i just think that all athletes should have the same chance and if some countries are systematically doping or arent really controlling their athletes, then its just unfair. Am i sure that Gesa Krause is clean? No. Do i hope that she beats Jebet in womens 3000 m SC? Yes and its not about her nationality, for her it just would be much more difficult to dope. In my opinion its less likely that she is doped, so she would be a better winner than Jebet in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Because it's so much fun watching one nation getting 9/10 golds.

1. I'm watching it to see good fights, and even though GBR won, the men's team sprint was an amazing fight

2. Despite what they've shown so far, we actually do have a few medal chances and I'd like to see them try

:p

I've been watching the table tennis as well and the chance of a non-Chinese nation winning the gold there was significantly smaller than the chance of a non-British nation winning a track cycling gold :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

1. I'm watching it to see good fights, and even though GBR won, the men's team sprint was an amazing fight

2. Despite what they've shown so far, we actually do have a few medal chances and I'd like to see them try

:p

I've been watching the table tennis as well and the chance of a non-Chinese nation winning the gold there was significantly smaller than the chance of a non-British nation winning a track cycling gold :d 

2. might be a good point but I don't know how it feels to have medal candidates in this sport. :p

I'll probably join for women's team sprint as we'll have some other winning nation there. :evil:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

29 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah thats probably what british people want to believe, your media has been really hard on Radcliffe, Farah, Froome, Ohurougo, Armitstead, Williams and so on ...

Its crazy that you really believe all this, considering all we have learned about Dr. Bonar recently. For me there isnt any reason to think that british athletes are cleaner than russian athletes. For me every country that is so desperate about success in sport is very suspicous. So could you tell me why your team was so far off at the last 4 world championships and now wins the gold? Winning a medal at world championships is better than not winning anything right? I guess your team was already focusing on the olympics for the past 2 or 3 years ... thats also the reason why you have been winning many medals in other disciplines (womans omnium/team pursuit) and other sports (athletics, swimming, boxing) ...

There is absolutely no reason why your team wouldnt have wanted to win a medal at the past 4 world championships, but they just werent good enough to do it.

Sorry, but for me there isnt really any point in discussing with you, for me its just too obvious, actually i am even less suspicious about Efimova. 

Perhaps if you weren't so obviously ignorant you would have been aware that Armistead and Ohurougo were taken to task in both the written and broadcast media for their missed tests. Not sure why you think athletes like Farah or Froome should be attacked though.

Of course, you don't want to discuss it! As the Donald Trump of this site you prefer to make outrageous and unsubstantiated attacks and then start to flail about when anyone stands up to you and exposes the patent nonsense which you propound.