website statistics

Beach Volleyball at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

mrv86

We made the semi-finals :clap:

Alright, it was NED - NED, but still :lol:

Always a bit disappointing when two teams/players from the same nation play each other in any sport.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Could someone replace those booing people in the stadium with actual beach volleyball fans? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Are we gonna complain about boos in team sports now?

This is worthy of complaining, I've never heard it being so bad in beach volleyball in any other country, normally it's one big party. And yes, that includes NED - BRA in the world champs final in the Netherlands last year, where (I looked it back before posting) there was no booing, only cheering for one team and a bit quiet for the other team. 

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against these players and I would be more than happy with both as finalists (Alison is by far my favourite player in the world), but this is just...no. No words. 

(Apart from the fact that I don't even really see this as a 'real' team sport with a full team instead of a duo)

Edited by heywoodu

4 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

This is worthy of complaining, I've never heard it being so bad in beach volleyball in any other country, normally it's one big party. And yes, that includes NED - BRA in the world champs final in the Netherlands last year, where (I looked it back before posting) there was no booing, only cheering for one team and a bit quiet for the other team. 

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against these players and I would be more than happy with both as finalists (Alison is by far my favourite player in the world), but this is just...no. No words. 

(Apart from the fact that I don't even really see this as a 'real' team sport with a full team instead of a duo)

I don't support the boos in general, but I don't really see the problem in team sports. Brazil suffers the same playing in other countries (ok, maybe not so much in Beach Volleyball), so I don't really get some of the complaints.

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

I don't support the boos in general, but I don't really see the problem in team sports. Brazil suffers the same playing in other countries (ok, maybe not so much in Beach Volleyball), so I don't really get some of the complaints.

That's just as bad if you ask me :p 

I'm just sad because I was looking forward to watching a great match, like beach volleyball always is a big party, but the presence of a Brazilian team in the match makes it unbearable...just unacceptable. And as a fan that makes me sad, no matter who wins. 

Like in the gymnastics, I was really happy for Hypolito winning a medal since that was just awesome, but those crowds gave me mixed feelings...and the same story again for Thiago Braz. 

Edited by heywoodu

Holy shit how did they take this 2nd set?! :yikes:

That last serve to win the set :bowdown:

1 minute ago, dcro said:

They were like Germans in 1936 according to Lavillenie, lol.

Though Jesse Owens beat them and he didn't :sure: