website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

phelps

В 16.08.2016 в 15:06, Federer91 сказал:

Like i've said countless times about boxing, AIBA wants to reward all of their important parties. They distribute the titles / medals equally between everyone. It doesn't matter if one boxer is doing great, if his country already has an advantage in other categories he will lose, so that other countries can get his categorie. You especially see this in the 1/4 before the medals, where countries who need medals usually beat ones that already have ones from other categories. Russia is getting presumably 1-3 wins and Tishchenko was a clear favourite in this categorie, so other russians needed to lose early like Egorov or Chebotaev. But shit comes in when the clear favourite Tishchenko is outplayed, then AIBA has a big problem, because they have already cut other russians and they would need to compensate them in categories that shouldn't be their, which would make a domino effect. The same goes for the other "powerhouses" Kazakh, Uzbek, Azer, Cuba, France. Everyone of them will get their categorie. Kazakh should get 81 categorie, i think 69 is for the Uzbek. Sad, but that is the present, and i get less and less angry when our boxers get screwed all the time.

This is probably the most reasonable explanation of everyting we see in Olympic boxing:yes Thank you for this explanation. But now, I am wondering which category is reserved for Azerbaijan?:lol::d:lol:  75 kg or 64 kg??:thumbup: I am also a bit surprised by the number of medals by Uzbekistan. Our Facebook community says that AIBA president has visited Uzbekistan 3 times within a year. May be, I should ask our federation to invite AIBA president to Baku more often :p:thumbup:

34 minutes ago, Il_qar said:

This is probably the most reasonable explanation of everyting we see in Olympic boxing:yes Thank you for this explanation. But now, I am wondering which category is reserved for Azerbaijan?:lol::d:lol:  75 kg or 64 kg??:thumbup: I am also a bit surprised by the number of medals by Uzbekistan. Our Facebook community says that AIBA president has visited Uzbekistan 3 times within a year. May be, I should ask our federation to invite AIBA president to Baku more often :p:thumbup:

Well i got yesterdays wrong, so don't count on my knowledge that much. :d But Sotomayor should be the favourite in the 64, so i would put my money on him. 75 is a lot tougher and i think i will go with the cuban there. 

5 минут назад, Federer91 сказал:

Well i got yesterdays wrong, so don't count on my knowledge that much. :d But Sotomayor should be the favourite in the 64, so i would put my money on him. 75 is a lot tougher and i think i will go with the cuban there. 

well, yes, our cuban guy can be the finalist:mumble:

Vladimir Nikitin has withdrawn....because he is too injured to fight his semi after Michael Conlan knocked him up bad!! For crying out loud, what a farce this is :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!