website statistics

Israel National Thread

Maxim Fastovsky

Israel Rio 2016 Qualified Athletesisrael.jpgisrael.jpg

• Athletics
    • Donald Sanford - 400m Men
    • Dima Kroytor - High Jump Men
    • Hanna Knyazyeva Minenko - Triple Jump Women (World Silver Medalist)
    • Marharyta Drozhon - Javelin Women
    • Tesama Moogas, Ageze Guadie, Marhu Teferi - Marathon Men
    • Korlima Chemtai - Marathon Women
  • Badminton - Misha Zilberman 
  • Fencing - Delila Hatuel - Women Foil (Got quota but didnt get the Israeli Standard so quota acceptance is still in question)
  • Artistic Gymnastics - Alex Shatilov
  • Rhythmic Gymansics - 
    • Team
    • Individual - Neta Rivkin
  • Sailing
    • Shahar Tzuber - RS:X Men
    • Maayan Davidovich - RS:X Women
    • Dan Froylich & Eyal Levin - 470 Men
    • Nina Amir & Gil Cohen - 470 Women
  • Shooting - Sergey Richter - 10m Air Rifle
  • Swimming
    • Ziv Kalontarov - 50m Men
    • Gal Nevo - 200m Individual Medley Men
    • Yakov Toumarkin - 100m Back Men, 200m Back Men, 200m Individual Medley Men
    • Amit Ivry - 100m Breast Women
    • Andrea Murez - 50m Women, 100m Free Women
    • Zohar Shikler - 50m women
  • Synchronized Swimming - Glushkov  & Tetelbaum
  • Taekwando - Ron Attias - Men 58kg
  • Wrestling - Ilana Kratysh - Women 69kg
Edited by Maxim Fastovsky

Past

Israel arriving to the Rio 2016 games after disappointing games in London where they didnt win a medal for the first time since Barcelona. In 1992 the first 2 medals came in Judo, Yael Arad with the silver and Oren Smadja (the national judo coach today) with the bronze. 1996 saw Gal Fridman win bronze in sailing, 2000 Michael Kalganov won bronze in Kayak Sprint, 2004 2 medals won again. Bronze by Arik Zeevi in Judo and finally a gold by Gal Fridman in sailing. Last medal was in Beijing by Shahar Tzuberi, Bronze in Sailing.

However 2012 wasn't so good Lee Kurzits came closest to a medal in Sailing but a bad medal race knocked her out. Alex Shatilov made the all around final which was a big achievement but he was a contender on the floor exercise and only finished 6th.

Sergey Richter didnt make the final in shooting, Alice Shlesinger (representing Great Britain this year) lost in the repechage round in Judo.

A good achievement was Yakov Toumarkin in swimming 200 Back, who reached the final and finished 7th.

Still to Come

Not much left in terms of athletes who still might Qualify.

Judo will produce 7 or 8 more (Or Sasoon, Sagi Muki, Golan Pollack, Linda Bolder, Yarden Jerbi, Gili Cohen and currently Shira Rishony have the continental quota that still might go to Artem Arshansky if she can get into the top 14 which she is close to because she is just 44 points behind)

Rowing -  Dani Fridman have the Continental Event in the end of the month and might make the quota in Men Singles

Triathlon - Ron Darmon will make the cut in the official rankings out next week

Golf - Leticia Beck will probably be in the field for Women's Golf

Cycling Road- Shani Bloh is at the edge of the ranking list

Cycling Mountain Bike - Shlomi Heimy is well within the quota and is close of getting one quota place for israel

Tennis - Dudi Sela is also right at the edge

• 2 months later...

Day 1 for israel , not too much to report. Shira Rishony lost in judo first round.  By disqualification.  I didnt think that it was bad enough.....

Dudi sela won in first round men tennis against dzumour from Bosnia 

Swimming none qualified anywhere else.  

Tomorrow Shani bloch will compete in the women road race.  In judo 2 juodkas that can win medals.  Gili Cohen and Golan Pollack.  But somehow i dont believe it.  

• 3 years later...

Well I know no one wrote here in the past 4 years but as we come close to the opening ceremony of Tokyo I just wonder who could still get in to the Olympics and what will be the size of the delegation.. if anyone got an answer I’ll be glad to hear it ?☺️??

7 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Well I know no one wrote here in the past 4 years but as we come close to the opening ceremony of Tokyo I just wonder who could still get in to the Olympics and what will be the size of the delegation.. if anyone got an answer I’ll be glad to hear it ?☺️??

Already more than 50 athletes (counting also Athletics and Swimming) did qualify for the Games including whole team in Baseball.

Already the biggest delegaton in history.

Welcome in the forum btw. Hope you´ll enjoy your stay.