website statistics

Badminton 2016 Discussion Thread

Prashanth

Just now, Bearas said:

16 pairs in doubles, 36 athletes in singles. 

No Lithuanians are close to qualify for Rio if you wonder...

Yes, that was exactly what I was wondering about :d Stapušaitytė is doing quite well lately, so I thought that maybe she was getting closer. But as I presume, there used to be more athletes in Badminton in 2012/2008 Olympics? Because I remember her and Kęstutis were both qualified once.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Werloc said:

Yes, that was exactly what I was wondering about :d Stapušaitytė is doing quite well lately, so I thought that maybe she was getting closer. But as I presume, there used to be more athletes in Badminton in 2012/2008 Olympics? Because I remember her and Kęstutis were both qualified once.

No, just right now the field is more diverse with more countries earning quotas, + Kęstutis is 60 positions lower than he used to be before all the injuries (despite the fact that he still around top100). Plus Akvilė did not qualified for 2012 London as well, she just was invited later on through re-distributed quotas. Both Lithuanians will be in reserve list - so very small chance unless meteor hits a major tournament :d

Just now, Bearas said:

No, just right now the field is more diverse with more countries earning quotas, + Kęstutis is 60 positions lower than he used to be before all the injuries (despite the fact that he still around top100). Plus Akvilė did not qualified for 2012 London as well, she just was invited later on through re-distributed quotas. Both Lithuanians will be in reserve list - so very small chance unless meteor hits a major tournament :d

Well, you never know with those sneaky meteors :whistle:

On 3/13/2016 at 4:46 PM, Bearas said:

At present you are R6 in MS and R7 in WS. Also, meteor hitting a major tournament not help as top nations have multiple entries ahead of reserves.

You can check rankings at http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/ranking.aspx?rid=176

17 hours ago, vovanA said:

Ivanov and Sozonov won All-England in men's doubles. A crazy result

Yeah.. Really unexpected results, just like Praveen Jordan/Debby Susanto.

After Ivanov/Sozonov win against Lee/Yoo, I already have the feeling that the Russians will win :)

• 2 weeks later...

Top 36 ranked singles players qualify for Olympics. Country can qualify a maximum of 2 players in one event, provided both are in top 16. Other nations can qualify only one player in singles. Each continent is assured of one athlete in each event 

For doubles, it is top 16 pairs qualify for Olympics and both pair need to be in top 8. Each conticontinent is assured of one pair in each event, provided they are in top 50. 

A nation can use continental quota only twice. You can check the latest situation in the rankings shared by me previously 

13 hours ago, Dolby said:

Top 36 ranked singles players qualify for Olympics. Country can qualify a maximum of 2 players in one event, provided both are in top 16. Other nations can qualify only one player in singles. Each continent is assured of one athlete in each event 

For doubles, it is top 16 pairs qualify for Olympics and both pair need to be in top 8. Each conticontinent is assured of one pair in each event, provided they are in top 50. 

A nation can use continental quota only twice. You can check the latest situation in the rankings shared by me previously 

And when we know the qualified athletes?