website statistics

Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympic Games 2016 News

3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

There is a large part of the world that doesn't give a f. about basketball. None of these guys are more well_known outside of the US than Bolt, Phelps or Djokovic.

And please, only 15 yo girls are actually "dreaming" of seeing nba players (or anyone else for that matter)

The first part is partially true. The 2nd part isn't quite...

4 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

There is a large part of the world that doesn't give a f. about basketball. None of these guys are more well_known outside of the US than Bolt, Phelps or Djokovic.

And please, only 15 yo girls are actually "dreaming" of seeing nba players.

And Parts of the world dont care about soccer and couldn't care less if they stand next to messi, while the other side only accepts the name football for it and while i would love to shake Peyton Manning's hand, someone else couldn't care less about it. Big parts of the world only accept Athletics, Swimming, Gymanstics every 4th year.  Different countries have different interests. Just listen to a podcast with Nastia Liukin few days ago where she said that in Beijing when she was already pretty big household name in USA she was afraid to approach Dirk Nowitzki!!

Look in China during Beijing 2008 where it was a festival every time Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard went sightseeing. I can tell you that in Israel there is a huge love for NBA, and probably in a lot of other countries. Some people might not like it sure, but i believe larger part will.

And also look at Opening Ceremonies of the past since NBA players joined. They are ganged up by the same Americans every time, Just last time i remember selfies from everywhere with Kobe. And i'm guessing this year will not be different even if Lebron, Kobe, Steph or Westbrook stayed home.

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

And Parts of the world dont care about soccer and couldn't care less if they stand next to messi, while the other side only accepts the name football for it and while i would love to shake Peyton Manning's hand, someone else couldn't care less about it. Big parts of the world only accept Athletics, Swimming, Gymanstics every 4th year.  Different countries have different interests. Just listen to a podcast with Nastia Liukin few days ago where she said that in Beijing when she was already pretty big household name in USA she was afraid to approach Dirk Nowitzki!!

Look in China during Beijing 2008 where it was a festival every time Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard went sightseeing. I can tell you that in Israel there is a huge love for NBA, and probably in a lot of other countries. Some people might not like it sure, but i believe larger part will.

And also look at Opening Ceremonies of the past since NBA players joined. They are ganged up by the same Americans every time, Just last time i remember selfies from everywhere with Kobe. And i'm guessing this year will not be different even if Lebron, Kobe, Steph or Westbrook stayed home.

Also never said that they are more well known then Phelps or Bolt, but on par with the biggest names in every Olympics. 

there are what, 10,000 athletes coming to rio? who are the biggest celebrities overall? 

I agree about basketball. They are not that big stars. In USA yes.

Only peoples who follow basketball know all these players. In Europe is some countries basketball is not popular at all. Ok, maybe for Durant all the people heard, but Im not sure for example for De Andre Jordan or Lowry Kyle. Ok, I know all these players, but I follow NBA and basketball in general.

Just now, dareza said:

I agree about basketball. They are not that big stars. In USA yes.

Only peoples who follow basketball know all these players. In Europe is some countries basketball is not popular at all. Ok, maybe for Durant all the people heard, but Im not sure for example for De Andre Jordan or Lowry Kyle. Ok, I know all these players, but I follow NBA and basketball in general.

Obviously I disagree. Basketball is way more popular than swimming let's say in Europe. I mean it's all subjective opinions, only it isn't because look at how much basketball players are paid and how much are others paid.

4 minutes ago, nenad said:

Obviously I disagree. Basketball is way more popular than swimming let's say in Europe. I mean it's all subjective opinions, only it isn't because look at how much basketball players are paid and how much are others paid.

yes, basketball is popular. But I have give you example. On one side group1(Phelps, Bolt or Djokovic or Federer), nevermind. On second some USA basketball players (group 2), Im sure that most peoples who don;t follow sport a lot will choose to be photographed with athletes from group 1.

Edited by dareza

23 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

And please, only 15 yo girls are actually "dreaming" of seeing nba players (or anyone else for that matter)

lol at least about me for sure :lol: I need to google all these names to know that thay play basketball...even during London I searched the name Bryant in the athletics start list, because our commentator started to talk about him what a huge american star is and everyone want a picture of him etc..only then our commentator said the guy play basketball and apparently he is very good :red::lol: but I promise this time I´ll watch something of basketball. promise, at least some last minutes of the final for sure :d

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

lol at least about me for sure :lol: I need to google all these names to know that thay play basketball...even during London I searched the name Bryant in the athletics start list, because our commentator started to talk about him what a huge american star is and everyone want a picture of him etc..only then our commentator said the guy play basketball and apparently he is very good :red::lol: but I promise this time I´ll watch something of basketball. promise, at least some last minutes of the final for sure :d

well and you know all tennis starts? :)