website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Uniforms

:KOR South Korea uniforms

zika_620x310.jpg

96441704_Models-present-the-South-Korean

South Korea's Olympic committee on Wednesday unveiled Zika-proof uniforms complete with mosquito repellent it says will help protect athletes from the virus at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro.

Mosquito-repellent chemicals were added to the outfits, which all include long pants, long-sleeved shirts and jackets.

The uniforms will be worn by athletes during ceremonies, training and at the athletes' village, the Korean Olympic Committee said.

The committee said it couldn't make changes to the uniforms worn during competition because of strict rules and performance concerns, although athletes will be allowed to use anti-mosquito spray during competition.

Who is this guy that's standing there like "meh nosmile.gif"? :d

0ac7a8b00a.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Am I seeing that right on the second photo on the left? A men's basketball uniform? :d 

I actually kinda like the colours :red:

It's something different than those "modern" fails like the Americans...I think it's pretty cool :d 

exactly :d

the colours are ok, but the design...Police academy cadet Mahoney :lol:

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

exactly :d

the colours are ok, but the design...Police academy cadet Mahoney :lol:

I'd choose the Russian uniform over the American "look at us spending millions of dollars on some over-the-top fashion designer"-uniforms any day of the week to be honest :d 

I don't know, but the American uniforms give me itches :smash:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I hope these women are just there to present the ceremony where the clothes were shown? Or do they actually have to use these extremely tight "gymnastics pants" as daily life clothes? :yikes:

To be fair, it looks good, but I can't imagine competition clothes like that feel comfortable :d 

I think yes those womens are just there to present the clothes :d

and man, that´s not a competition clothes, just for a daily life they can combine them with another parts if they don´t like the legings ;) the whole colection for the daily life is in fact in those 2 pics

Ešte pred večernou oficiálnou prezentáciou si oblečenie našej výpravy vyskúšali na vlastnom tele niektorí olympionici - zľava Richard Varga, Barbora Mokošová, Danka Barteková, Matej Tóth, Peter Gelle, Martina Hrašnová, Erik Varga, v pokľaku Marcel Lomnický. FOTO TASR/MICHAL SVÍTOK

13124931_1149833121728664_15355363496731

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I'd choose the Russian uniform over the American "look at us spending millions of dollars on some over-the-top fashion designer"-uniforms any day of the week to be honest :d 

I don't know, but the American uniforms give me itches :smash:

well, don´t know, honnestly  I like the americans uniform, maybe except the shorts :d It´s too much for me :lol: