website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2016

hckošice

1 minute ago, kungshamra71 said:

Congrats to you too! That was the most absolutely boring game ever played in an European Championship (by both teams), and we should all both be congratulated for managing to watch 120 minutes of it! :d 

Yes, definitely. However, I'm not in a joking mood right now. :p:d

10 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Just for curiosity, why? I know about the rivalry with Germany, but why the "dislike" on Spain or Portugal? :mumble:

Spain because of the World Cup final in 2010 (although we got a bit of revenge in 2014) and Portugal because of several matches, most notably the Battle of Nuremburg :p (the semifinal of Euro 2004 didn't help neither) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup)

Nothing against Portuguese in general, or other Portuguese sportspeople, it's purely and 100% the Portuguese football team we're quite strongly against :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Spain because of the World Cup final in 2010 (although we got a bit of revenge in 2014) and Portugal because of several matches, most notably the Battle of Nuremburg :p (the semifinal of Euro 2004 didn't help neither) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup)

Nothing against Portuguese in general, or other Portuguese sportspeople, it's purely and 100% the Portuguese football team we're quite strongly against :d 

Hahaha! I do remember very well those two matches (specially the 2004 one, with the amazing goal from Maniche). Great memories you just gave me! :d 

Actually I cheered against Holland in 2010. Nothing against Dutches, but I spent a lot of summers in Spain and I like them so I usually support them (after Portugal of course :p)

Seems that the Portuguese surprised our team and manager with their tactics and style of play. We were anxious and inhibited nearly the whole game. When we finally took risks we conceded the goal with a counterattack.

23 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Hahaha! I do remember very well those two matches (specially the 2004 one, with the amazing goal from Maniche). Great memories you just gave me! :d 

Actually I cheered against Holland in 2010. Nothing against Dutches, but I spent a lot of summers in Spain and I like them so I usually support them (after Portugal of course :p)

Ah, especially Maniche! We hate Maniche :lol:

7 goals in his international career and 2 of those shitty goals (free kicks I think? Or shots from the side and quite a distance anyway) kicked us out of two major tournaments :smash:

We might one day start being ok with Portugal's football team (Cristiano being gone would help), but we will never ever be anything close to ok with Maniche :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So sad for Croatia :( 

That match was never-ending...

Congrats to Poland! :cheer:

And now I'm disappointed that I didn't make predictions on Totallympics, because I'm doing them on another website and my results are quite good :lol: 

10 Spanish players have been tested for doping :yikes:

Yeah, I don't know why, but somehow the Spanish football federation thought this was "special news" or something :lol:

Personally I'm more wondering why apparently more than 10 players were not tested for doping. 

oh,this is the beauty of football.one match and everything good what have you done in the past is forgoten.

sad for croatia,but they should play more offensive.portugal coach outmatched čačić,cause he stopped modrić in his creating